Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

All Known 2020 Kia Telluride Issues and Complaints

I have noticed that the turn signals on my S is on the back bumper. This seems like a bad design flaw. I know one day, I will be rear end by someone not looking that low to see that I am turning!

Brihob

I have noticed that the turn signals on my S is on the back bumper. This seems like a bad design flaw. I know one day, I will be rear end by someone not looking that low to see that I am turning!
My rear passenger door did the same. Nothing worked. Powered on off multiple times, nothing. 2 hours off still nothing. After 4 hours sitting with power off, then it went up. No explanation. I have already had power issues earlier in the summer. After service testing and multiple communications with corporate, service manager let me know the battery had a bad cell. Replaced battery and all is well. My main power issues, vehicle died twice while driving full speed on highway. EVO head flashed and reset, then restarted. That was obviously worse than the window issue. If your control screen resets and powers down and back up, have service check the computer.

brb

My EX 2nd Row Left Bench Seat rattles/squeaks when it is offset from the right seat. Can replicate the squeak by pressing on the top of the seat in the direction across the car side to side even when the seats are aligned.

After a couple weeks of driving the vehicle, we noticed the rear ac speeding up and slowing down for some unknown reason?! We had the fan set on high speed and on the coolest setting to keep the kids cool.

The next thing was when in cruise control, we noticed a green steering wheel pop up on the display and then go to grey. We looked in the manual and it states that it shouldn't be on and that if it is it indicates non communication with the EPS control and to bring it in for service. So, we took it in for said issues and the service tech says that the ac surging is due to the load on the alternator?! Then proceeds to tell us that the EPS is functioning properly? Really! Cause the manual states to bring the vehicle in!

After a couple weeks of driving the vehicle, we noticed the rear ac speeding up and slowing down for some unknown reason?! We had the fan set on high speed and on the coolest setting to keep the kids cool.

The next thing was when in cruise control, we noticed a green steering wheel pop up on the display and then go to grey. We looked in the manual and it states that it shouldn't be on and that if it is it indicates non communication with the EPS control and to bring it in for service. So, we took it in for said issues and the service tech says that the ac surging is due to the load on the alternator?! Then proceeds to tell us that the EPS is functioning properly? Really! Cause the manual states to bring the vehicle in!
Somewhere in this thread there was another member having similar issues and they ended up replacing the wire harness.

kkoop

I'm going to start an archive of problems and issues that owners are complaining about with their 2020 Kia Telluride. These issues were mostly shared in this thread https://www.kiatelluride.org/threads/kia-telluride-issues.283/
  • Rear A/C vents randomly turns on.
  • Engine overheating from idle stop/go.
  • Front passenger side door wont open.
  • LED Halo lights become faulty and stop working.
  • Rear wiper cover falls off.
  • Rear captain chair rattles due to loose seat back cover.
  • Rear heat not blowing warm air.
  • Inaccurate GPS / Navigation directions.
  • Water leaking through door sills.
  • Seat seam stitching coming loose.
  • FCA malfunctioning.
  • "Battery discharging due to external devices" error.
  • Seat cushion coming loose.
  • Speaker rattles when listening to XM.
  • Speedometer stopped working.
  • Battery died.
  • Collision Warning malfunctioning due to bad wire-harness.
App & Software Related
  • Kia Connect App defaults to Pacific Time with no way of changing time settings.
  • In-car Weather App requires HD signal to work.
  • Bluetooth Connection issues.
You can add that I have to get a brand new transmission at 7500 miles 😱😐

You can add that I have to get a brand new transmission at 7500 miles 😱😐
Transmission failure for all new cars is about 1%. Sorry you got a bad one. So far transmission failure seem to be rare in the telluride. So the replacement should be solid.

Mine is only about a week old. The back window leaks cleaner for the wiper constantly! I always have to wipe until I can get it back up there for a fix. Hopefully it’s an easy fix. ALSO the back up camera SUCKS! It’s so dark. And backing up in the dark in the rain is a joke!
Hi, Do you notice that the Wiper motor is relative loud? Especially since the front wipers are so quiet... Mine seems to be louder than normal i think

ucinn

Staff Member
Ours is nice and quiet, but our Sorento it was very loud and had it replaced under warranty.

Ours is nice and quiet, but our Sorento it was very loud and had it replaced under warranty.
Hi Are you are replying to my Question about the Rear Wiper blade motor?
I'm assuming so... And if your T-Ride back wiper is pretty quiet as it should be, ill bring it in for a check out. Thanks..

Telly9

I bought my Telluride SX in April 2019 (I'm in Ontario) and 3 weeks ago I started getting the Front Collision Warning alarm going off while the brakes lock up (even driving 80km/h). After doing some research and checking other forums, this is happening to quite a few of us (a guy in North Carolina had his truck in the dealer for 2 months, they finally replaced his Telluride with a new one as they couldn't fix it). Anyone else experiencing this?

Dcolon

I have had my kia telluride since August 2019, my passenger side mirror has stopped going in when I lock the car. Anyone else have this issue? Is this part of the warranty?

I'm going to start an archive of problems and issues that owners are complaining about with their 2020 Kia Telluride. These issues were mostly shared in this thread https://www.kiatelluride.org/threads/kia-telluride-issues.283/
  • Rear A/C vents randomly turns on.
  • Engine overheating from idle stop/go.
  • Front passenger side door wont open.
  • LED Halo lights become faulty and stop working.
  • Rear wiper cover falls off.
  • Rear captain chair rattles due to loose seat back cover.
  • Rear heat not blowing warm air.
  • Inaccurate GPS / Navigation directions.
  • Water leaking through door sills.
  • Seat seam stitching coming loose.
  • FCA malfunctioning.
  • "Battery discharging due to external devices" error.
  • Seat cushion coming loose.
  • Speaker rattles when listening to XM.
  • Speedometer stopped working.
  • Battery died.
  • Collision Warning malfunctioning due to bad wire-harness.
App & Software Related
  • Kia Connect App defaults to Pacific Time with no way of changing time settings.
  • In-car Weather App requires HD signal to work.
  • Bluetooth Connection issues.

Kimmie

I just picked up an EX with 35 miles on it 12/19/19. Everything was working fine. The next day 12/20, I started it up and had no heat in the front. There was still heat blowing in the rear. I took it into the dealership on 12/21 and was told the blower motor was shot. They are ordering the part and I am hoping to get the car back by Christmas. On my way out, another service rep let me know that the motor didn't just stop working; they found water in there and that is what caused it to stop working. If the blower motor is located under the glove compartment; then how in the heck did water get in there? (we had no rain or snow in the less than 24 hrs I had it). I really hope they fix the primary problem which is stopping the water access in the first place.
UPDATE:
I picked up the vehicle on Dec 24th, 2019 and all was working. Service dept. didn't notate the water being in the motor housing so I asked them to add it to the paperwork.
UPDATE:
On Jan 17th, just over 3 weeks from the last blower issue; it stopped blowing front air again. First appt. available, today, Mon Jan 20th.
I went back with service rep to see the problem myself...The blower motor cavity has frozen water in it again (19 degrees out today).
They have to order another blower motor. Hopefully they will have it done by Wed.
Service Dept. called this evening to inform me they found the problem. They did a "water" test on the windshield. They found water dripping under the dash coming from a gap in the window seal. They are ordering a new windshield. 20200120_094710.jpg 20200120_094716.jpg

ERNYSAN

Staff Member
I just picked up an EX with 35 miles on it 12/19/19. Everything was working fine. The next day 12/20, I started it up and had no heat in the front. There was still heat blowing in the rear. I took it into the dealership on 12/21 and was told the blower motor was shot. They are ordering the part and I am hoping to get the car back by Christmas. On my way out, another service rep let me know that the motor didn't just stop working; they found water in there and that is what caused it to stop working. If the blower motor is located under the glove compartment; then how in the heck did water get in there? (we had no rain or snow in the less than 24 hrs I had it). I really hope they fix the primary problem which is stopping the water access in the first place.
Keep post please Let us know the main issue if they can find it

F Pizarro

My EX 2nd Row Left Bench Seat rattles/squeaks when it is offset from the right seat. Can replicate the squeak by pressing on the top of the seat in the direction across the car side to side even when the seats are aligned.
Mine too squeaks over bumps drives me crazy can't pinpoint the location but I think it's the seat or the glass

Sen723

Ok so I got my S on 8/19, 3 days in I was driving at about 30 mph and the whole drivetrain chocked up and shuddered. I pulled over and restarted it which helped but it had a mild tremor from then on. 2 days later I noticed the floor in the back passenger side was saturated. I took it in to the service Dept to have them check it on the 29th since I was leaving for a family road trip and they couldn’t get me in till after. Didn’t want to drive the truck if they felt I would cause further damage with the tremor. Said it was no big deal For the drive and they also did a quick seal test on the sunroof which proved useless. Said it was fine but as I was pulling out water poured on my daughters lap from the headliner and visor. When it went in for service they changed out the door seals on both back doors and they found a fault in the parking break which was causing the tremor. 3 days later my floor is saturated again and there is actually water draining out from the trim under the door. Between then and the 10 days till service could get me in my heads up display starts randomly shutting off, Apple CarPlay disengages and wouldn’t reconnect, and the charging pad stops charging randomly. Between the first service visit and now the second they have had my truck for 34 days. Turns out the condensation pan from the AC was draining back into the car. They swap out the charging pad and also the carpets and insulation. I happen to have an autoimmune disease that makes me anaphylactic to mold so you can all see the irony that I would of course get the truck with water issues. 2 weeks after having my truck back the heads up display shuts down randomly again. By the time I take it for its scheduled 7500 oil change the list of complaints grew to also include the fact that my active assist goes on randomly while driving throwing my truck to the side or braking with no warning, my satellite view has gone on the heads up display while driving 80mph and couldn’t get it off, USB once again unreliable, my brakes make a loud rubbing noise, parking brake engages on its own, and an unbelievably annoying rattle whenever I go over bumps. The brake line had a leak which they fixed but the brakes are still loud and the rattle turned out to be the bolts that hold the mounting bracket in place for the passenger side air bag had come lose. Right where my kids sit. They replaced them with lock tight bolts which baffles me why those weren’t used in the first place given the safety concern if that bracket would come lose on impact. The rest of the issues they couldn’t fix because they could not duplicate them. Got my truck back with a god awful smell so I drove home with the windows down. Got in 2 days later and was anaphylactic within 2 minutes. Brought it back to the service station and they were authorized to get a 3rd party mold test done. Stopped by to grab my sunglasses today since who knows how much longer they will have it and found my truck getting aired out in the garage bay while they were closed for the day. Convenient when the truck is supposed to go through an air quality test tomorrow. I am now up to 54 days in service out of my less than 5 months of ownership and I can never get back in the car for medical reasons let alone the malfunctions that still aren’t fixed. I was aiming to swap out for a new one since I actually love the truck but just can’t go through this again. I am on first name basis with the Enterprise reps at this point with how many rentals I have had. I joke that this is the best test drive opportunity as I get a different vehicle every time since Kia doesn’t have any Telluride’s for loaners and I need a 7 passenger. Makes me feel a little better that I am not the only one having issues although very disheartening.

Sen723

Mine too squeaks over bumps drives me crazy can't pinpoint the location but I think it's the seat or the glass
I had a squeak. Turned out the bolts holding the airbag mounting bracket on the passenger side had come lose. They swapped them out with lock tight bolts. Not sure why that isn’t standard when it is such a safety concern.

Anyone hear a VERY loud clunk sound after engaging into reverse or drive? Happens maybe once a month. Sound appears to be coming from underneath car. Usually within a few seconds after moving at low speed.

Mine is only about a week old. The back window leaks cleaner for the wiper constantly! I always have to wipe until I can get it back up there for a fix. Hopefully it’s an easy fix. ALSO the back up camera SUCKS! It’s so dark. And backing up in the dark in the rain is a joke!
We have the same issue with our SX model. Now has almost 15k miles. Planning to bring it up at the next service.