Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Are there certain USB brands you need to buy for the Telluride?

Was it a HUB meant for PCs?
What kind of hub you got, what is powered or required power to work?
Yes, it was a small USB self powered hub. I realize that for the phone to charge, I’d need to consider a powered hub. However, with the hub and only thumb drive plugged into the hub I would have expected that the thumb drive would have worked due to the low power requirements. The led in the usb drive came on but the vehicle didn’t detect the drive. I suspect that the HK system in the Telluride lacks a driver for a hub which would allow multiple devices to be enumerated. I have so many other entertainment options ... CarPlay, Alexa (see my other post), AM ,FM, SXM that I suppose I’ll be ok music-wise. 😊 🎶

ucinn

Staff Member
Yes, it was a small USB self powered hub. I realize that for the phone to charge, I’d need to consider a powered hub. However, with the hub and only thumb drive plugged into the hub I would have expected that the thumb drive would have worked due to the low power requirements. The led in the usb drive came on but the vehicle didn’t detect the drive. I suspect that the HK system in the Telluride lacks a driver for a hub which would allow multiple devices to be enumerated. I have so many other entertainment options ... CarPlay, Alexa (see my other post), AM ,FM, SXM that I suppose I’ll be ok music-wise. 😊 🎶
Sorry I didn't see this earlier, could have saved you some time and money as someone already tried a hub on the Stinger to no avail also.

Sorry I didn't see this earlier, could have saved you some time and money as someone already tried a hub on the Stinger to no avail also.
No worries, it was worth a try as you never know if there have been any HW/FW updates to the UVO system. As for time/money, I purchased the hub on Amazon and it is already back in the bubble envelope waiting for UPS to pick it up for a return … I'll be getting my $7 back!!