Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Auto Door lock

The other day I was playing around with the setups and some how got the telluride to automatically lock as I got further away from it with the fob in my pocket, problem somehow I have disabled that feature can anyone tell me what I did so I can get it back?

ucinn

Staff Member
There is no such feature. If you unlock the car and not open a door, then it will relock after 20 seconds automatically.

I do have to say that I was really surprised to find it didn't have that capability considering it is such a high tech vehicle.

OP
2020Blackcopper
Thread Starter #4
There is no such feature. If you unlock the car and not open a door, then it will relock after 20 seconds automatically.
When I walk up to the vehicle with the fob in my pocket the mirrors swing out and the door handle light comes on, is that what it is suppose to do?

ucinn

Staff Member
When I walk up to the vehicle with the fob in my pocket the mirrors swing out and the door handle light comes on, is that what it is suppose to do?
Yes, as long as you have the welcome feature enabled in the settings, that's what it does.

If you have it set for (steering wheel menu) > User Settings > Convenience > Welcome Mirror/Light > on

However, it does not automatically unlock the door - you have to touch the button on the handle - once to unlock driver's door, twice to unlock all 4 doors. To lock, you have to touch the button on the handle and the doors lock and mirror folds in

ucinn

Staff Member
If you have it set for (steering wheel menu) > User Settings > Convenience > Welcome Mirror/Light > on

However, it does not automatically unlock the door - you have to touch the button on the handle - once to unlock driver's door, twice to unlock all 4 doors. To lock, you have to touch the button on the handle and the doors lock and mirror folds in
unless you have double tap lock turned off. If you turn that off then 1 push of the driver's door will unlock all 4 doors.

Oh, bummer. I thought they figured out a way to unlock/lock the doors automatically. I will miss that feature then, I do have to say :(