Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Auto Stop (ISG) Warning

Jayfo

Just got my new Telluride yesterday. This morning I’m driving and an audible alarm went off, with the dashboard reading “Auto stop is OFF. Shift to P or N to start engine.” The car acted like it wanted to stall and then the transmission started acting weird.
I put the car in N and the alarm stopped, but the same thing happened at the next two stop signs. I pulled over and restarted the vehicle and it didn’t happen again (although I haven’t tested it since). Is this an issue or it is just a warning. Pretty troublesome either way!

Attachments

That is not normal.

See here for someone with the same error, but on Hyundai. https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/auto-stop-is-off-shift-to-p-or-n-to-start-engine.660758/

Difference is that when see gets the error she cannot restart the engine. Yon on the other hand are driving in-spite of getting the error. In the same thread, someone mentions that perhaps the hood open/close switch is defective since it is one of the preconditions of ISG. May be your KT has a bad switch.

OP
J

Jayfo

Thread Starter #3
That is not normal.

See here for someone with the same error, but on Hyundai. https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/auto-stop-is-off-shift-to-p-or-n-to-start-engine.660758/

Difference is that when see gets the error she cannot restart the engine. Yon on the other hand are driving in-spite of getting the error. In the same thread, someone mentions that perhaps the hood open/close switch is defective since it is one of the preconditions of ISG. May be your KT has a bad switch.
Thanks for the information! I went to the dealer and they of course had no idea what I was talking about. They tried to make it sound like I didn’t understand the ISG, but backpedaled pretty quickly when I showed them the video. They tried to replicate it, but couldn’t. They sent the video to KIA to see what the mothership has to say. I passed along the information about the Hyundai vehicles, and they were very interested in knowing that. Thanks again, and I’ll post if anything changes.

xrxtgr

The problem I had with the ISG system was that it functioned intermittently. I read the owner's manual to understand the theory. Two trips to the dealership to be told that it could not be duplicated and that I must be disabling the system accidentaly. I read more about the system and took it back a third time. I stayed in the Telluride with my foot on the brake so the service adviser could observe the symptoms. The resolution was a new battery at 8K mileage. Now, I do disable the system when I start the engine since I drive in a congested area with a lot of stop and go. All that stop and go driving takes a toll on a battery.

Vin.07

Hi, I was going through this post and wanted to report that I have a new 2023 Hyundsi Santa Fe and I’m having the same issue. This has happened to me more than 8 times and the dealership here in Dallas have no idea what to do. Any suggestions on what worked for you or did they fix the issue at all?