Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Auto unlock car when sensing key fob

doniela

HI , So I got my 2023 Telluride Ex, and I like it, but it has a future, when I approach my vehicle and it senses key fob it automatically unfold mirrors , but does not unlock car. does anyone know if there is a way for it to automatically unlocks doors, when it senses key fob? cause to be honest, that future of unfolding mirrors and not unlocking doors, is pointless , also I did find out that DIGITAL KEY does not work on this trim ( very misleading information on KIA's website )

I do not think that there is an Auto Unlock feature, my 22 Nightfall does not.

OP
doniela

doniela

Thread Starter #3
really hope they will do that on future updates, ( cause I have it on Tesla and its super awesome )

OP
doniela

doniela

Thread Starter #4
Well , there is a way to do it,
got parts today, , will do install over weekend

OP
doniela

doniela

Thread Starter #6
So did install and Its working perfect. too bad, I cant upload video

Gully

HI , So I got my 2023 Telluride Ex, and I like it, but it has a future, when I approach my vehicle and it senses key fob it automatically unfold mirrors , but does not unlock car. does anyone know if there is a way for it to automatically unlocks doors, when it senses key fob? cause to be honest, that future of unfolding mirrors and not unlocking doors, is pointless , also I did find out that DIGITAL KEY does not work on this trim ( very misleading information on KIA's website )
You can change the settings to stop the mirror from unfolding but I don’t about automatically unlocking the car. Auto unlocking the car is not a good idea for security purposes.

OP
doniela

doniela

Thread Starter #9
You can change the settings to stop the mirror from unfolding but I don’t about automatically unlocking the car. Auto unlocking the car is not a good idea for security purposes.
had to install aftermarket module and it works perfect , This is super cool future,
car unlock, when you are with in 5 feet of vehicle

seb67

I got a 2024 and it does unlock AND unfold the mirrors when I approach, we have a Tesla and love that feature so I'm even more in love now that I found out my new Telluride does it too. And the use of my phone as a digital key is amazing as well!! I have a Google Pixel 7 pro and got it to work even though it says it's not supported.