Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Availability of SX Prestige

roberide

I know there is already a thread about the SX Prestige no longer being available for order. Does it make sense to start a new thread regarding updates on when it will be available again? Previous posts said sometime in Q3. With Q3 approaching, I've been obsessively looking for updates as I missed the initial cutoff by 1 day and want to place an order as soon as humanly possible.

OP
R

roberide

Thread Starter #2
I checked inventory and was shocked to find only 1 vehicle (an EX) within a 100 radius of me in So Ca. Kia can’t seem to make these fast enough!
I agree, inventory is ridiculous. Could we please limit this thread to discussions about placing new orders of an SX Prestige through a dealership?

HTB

Was told production orders won’t begin until 2021 production year cycle

OP
R

roberide

Thread Starter #5
I spoke with a SA today in Denver, CO who said based on what they've heard from KIA and where the backlog stands that the SXP will likely be available for order again in mid-August.

FrankieD

Ordered an SX dark moss, butterscotch interior this past Monday 6/17, all I got from the dealer was a receipt for my down payment, how do I know the dealer actually put the order in? Shouldn't there be some kind of build request? Thanks for an insight on this matter.

Ordered an SX dark moss, butterscotch interior this past Monday 6/17, all I got from the dealer was a receipt for my down payment, how do I know the dealer actually put the order in? Shouldn't there be some kind of build request? Thanks for an insight on this matter.
The dealer should let you know once Kia accepts the order. Kia has to approve the order before it gets built.

OP
R

roberide

Thread Starter #13
I just placed an order for an SX prestige with a dealership in Denver, CO! Kia reopened for prestige orders earlier than expected. Paying MSRP. Black on black. Was advised not to add options to avoid delay of my order so just went with carpeted floor mats and wheel locks. Ive been looking at this car for 6 months. I can wait another 6 if that’s what the backlog ends up being. Was quoted 2-4 months.

I just placed an order for an SX prestige with a dealership in Denver, CO! Kia reopened for prestige orders earlier than expected. Paying MSRP. Black on black. Was advised not to add options to avoid delay of my order so just went with carpeted floor mats and wheel locks. Ive been looking at this car for 6 months. I can wait another 6 if that’s what the backlog ends up being. Was quoted 2-4 months.
Glad to hear this and congrats

I just read similar reports on another forum. Confirmed, two new orders placed today for SXP's. I just emailed my local sales rep to confirm in my area (WA)
. Will let you know if I am able to place an order :)

ajt671

My salesman called me yesterday about the open orders too. Will be placing my order tomorrow. Also very happy I found this forum, lots of great discussions.