Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

AWD and Drive Modes in Reverse

Got my 2020 SX Limited AWD with a separate set of winter tires on 18" rims in March 2020 and, to date, have not experienced any nasty snow or ice driving conditions that would have really challenged the AWD system. I've read on this forum, and others, that the Telluride is great in the snow, so looking forwarding to trying out some challenging roads at some point in the near future

At the cottage we have a downward sloping driveway that can be very slippery and I typically drive in vs. reversing in. Wondering if anyone can speak to if the snow mode or locking the differential mode works the same in reverse as it does when in drive. Anyway you look at it I'd either be backing down a slippery driveway if I reversed in or backing up a slippery driveway if I had driven straight in so it would be good to know if the AWD systems and modes work the same (or not) when in drive or reverse.