Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Battery Dead and Drain due to external device

Car two days old (just got 5/16/2020)..got error drain due to external device. Service manager said if it goes off ignore it. Drove 265 miles parked car and woke to dead car. Towed to out of state dealer where I was. Waiting for answer. Same car has radio /navigation control button issues requiring complete replacement of push button under touch display panel. On order. No a good way to start out ownership.

sndrsfam

Was your issue ever resolved? We have had our Telluride since September and it has the same error message and has not started a total of 3 times now. :(

Was your issue ever resolved? We have had our Telluride since September and it has the same error message and has not started a total of 3 times now. :(
The OP was last here May 2020. And only 1 post. Highly doubt you will get an answer from him.

Have you brought your car to the dealership yet? Are your battery terminals clean and tight? Have you tested the battery and charing system?

sndrsfam

The OP was last here May 2020. And only 1 post. Highly doubt you will get an answer from him.

Have you brought your car to the dealership yet? Are your battery terminals clean and tight? Have you tested the battery and charing system?
Thank you for your feedback, I'm new to forums. Yes, it's at the dealer now for the third time. Last time they had it 11 days and said that they reset the vehicle. First visit they just replaced the battery and said it was bad. Our current message says that's the battery is discharging due to external electrical devices. I'm wondering if it is their kia access app and am hoping they permanently resolve the issue. Counting on the fact that the dealer should ensure the terminals are clean and tight. Purchased the 2021 vehicle at the end of August 2020.

Kvoke

My 2021 Telluride did the same thing 2 days after we bought it in November. I had to jump it and then read you should never have to jump the Telluride, never had the problem again. Now a few minutes ago my wife called and said the interior lights won't go off and she's been trying to get them off all day. She's worried that it's going to happen again.

Stoney

Yesterday I drove the car for about an hour. Today my batter was dead, and I am getting the message "Battery discharging due to external electrical devices". Last time I drove the car for nearly 4 hours, interstate driving, and the next day I had a dead battery. They replaced the battery and now the new battery is dead. NOT a happy camper. I also noticed the side view mirrors were not turning in like they normally do when I take the key out and walk away. The only external electrical device I have is UVO - and have not chosen to pay for the service now that my free trial is up. It didn't even "notice" my battery was dead - kept saying all checked out fine. I am really nervous that if I go to a remote location with my camper, I will be stranded.

ErinMarie

Have had same issues with battery and immobilizer notifications! It dies while driving and can only use brakes. Happened when I drove off lot 06/05/20 five times! Had it towed to dealer took them forever to figure out the problem. It was so called fixed and it died on me twice today while driving. I’m reporting it to the manufacturer and believe I have a lemon based on Iowa Lemon Laws. It’s not safe. I have two young kids in car seats. Sorry you all have had issues with this #1 consumer reports recommended SUV! Be safe!!