Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Immobilizer or Battery Issues, not sure

sosasosa

Hi there, new to forum, sorry if I am putting this in the wrong place. So here's what happened:
  1. I have a 2020 Tulleride S
  2. left windows open, car horn went on and off several times, figured it was a security feature so just closed the windows
  3. walking away, heard long beep but thought nothing of it, not sure what it meant (but forgot to lock the doors)
  4. a few hours later, got in and car would not start, just said it couldn't read the key and suggested I push start button with key, also showed the immobilizer symbol tried to start it several times, but nothing
  5. Tried to reset immobilizer by holding panic key for 5 secs, pushing lock key twice at least 10ft away and wating 10mins, then unlocking and trying to start. Car only beeped when unlocking, but did not start.
  6. Saw battery issues on this forum so tried to jump it. Now, I get nothing, no power at all, not even key message from before.
So, is this likely a dead battery? Or some weird immobilizer issue. I literally bought this car 2 days ago and had not issues until now. Thanks for any help.

ERNYSAN

Staff Member
just guessing!!!!!

Long beeps sound like you try to lock the Telluride with one FOB inside or you forget to turn OFF the Telluride and well don't know So far after almost a year with my Telluride never happened to me S trim also here . let us know the result Plz

Pick me! I know! Low voltage dc converter is bad. Have your dealer order it before you take it in. Mine has been at my (horrendous) dealer since I had it towed there last Thursday. Picking it up tomorrow or Saturday.

ErinMarie

Have had same issues with battery and immobilizer notifications! It dies while driving and can only use brakes. Happened when I drove off lot 06/05/20 five times! Had it towed to dealer took them forever to figure out the problem. It was so called fixed and it died on me twice today while driving. I’m reporting it to the manufacturer and believe I have a lemon based on Iowa Lemon Laws. It’s not safe. I have two young kids in car seats. Sorry you all have had issues with this #1 consumer reports recommended SUV! Be safe!!