Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Black out grill?

swmstang

I'm thinking of finally plastic dip my grill this weekend. All set to change the letter to black, I ordered them. Are you happy with the plasti dip on the grill. I've owned my car 1yr and already blacked out the rest

KTCanada

I'm thinking of finally plastic dip my grill this weekend. All set to change the letter to black, I ordered them. Are you happy with the plasti dip on the grill. I've owned my car 1yr and already blacked out the rest
Did you do it ? if yes, can you share some tips

Finally had some time to dip my Telly grille! I saw a video on YT of a guy applying the dip with the grille still on his vehicle, so I said why not vs. remove the grille, dip, reinstall. So, here’s what I did in a nutshell:

First I removed the badge, was pretty easy. I used a tool for bicycle tube installs, worked perfectly and popped off safely.

Then I masked near the grille edge and then used newspaper to mask the front end off. After all of it, I still had some minor overspray so heads up on that. No biggie, it wipes off easy.

Next I sprayed a light first coat. I don’t like chrome so I did the entire grille. After 30-40 min Each coat, I did some heavier applications while keeping it nice and even.

Lastly I snapped the badge back on, pulled the masking tape off and pulled off the excess dip.

Here’s some detail shots, I’ll post a bit further away pic tmrw. Sorry, my garage is a wreck right now haha.
Very nice.... when I see that grill it would be tempting to add some red color to it..but where ....

gicruz

Finally had some time to dip my Telly grille! I saw a video on YT of a guy applying the dip with the grille still on his vehicle, so I said why not vs. remove the grille, dip, reinstall. So, here’s what I did in a nutshell:

First I removed the badge, was pretty easy. I used a tool for bicycle tube installs, worked perfectly and popped off safely.

Then I masked near the grille edge and then used newspaper to mask the front end off. After all of it, I still had some minor overspray so heads up on that. No biggie, it wipes off easy.

Next I sprayed a light first coat. I don’t like chrome so I did the entire grille. After 30-40 min Each coat, I did some heavier applications while keeping it nice and even.

Lastly I snapped the badge back on, pulled the masking tape off and pulled off the excess dip.

Here’s some detail shots, I’ll post a bit further away pic tmrw. Sorry, my garage is a wreck right now haha.
Hi,
I'm curious about something. How long has it been since you have applied this? How has it held up? I saw that you live in FL (so do I - 305) does the excess humidity affect it? Thanks for your help.