Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Cluster issues

Just got my brand new 2022 Telluride yesterday and today twice the digital speed display and everything in cluster went blank. Couldn't use anything on steering wheel except radio volume. Have to take it back down to dealer tomorrow, but they cannot figure why it would be doing that.

Just got my brand new 2022 Telluride yesterday and today twice the digital speed display and everything in cluster went blank. Couldn't use anything on steering wheel except radio volume. Have to take it back down to dealer tomorrow, but they cannot figure why it would be doing that.
Congratulations on your new 'Ride and welcome to the board! Hope your dealer can figure out what's wrong there, loose wiring likely.

cfm56doc

Last week our week old Telly did the same thing on my way to a store. When I came back out and started it, everything worked like its supposed to and has since.

Curious to see what they find on yours.

cfm56doc

Any update?

Same issue with my 2022 that I have had for 2 weeks now. Screen worked but then went blank. I will be heading to the dealership today.

cfm56doc

Make sure you post what they say was a fix as so many of us are seeing this.

Btw our 22 did it in day three of ownership just once and that is it so far.

raybalyer

Just bought a new Kia 2022 LX Telluride on Saturday. When you start up the car the engine check light starts and then the instrument cluster display goes out/black. (the small display by the odometer) . It started the day we purchased the car on saturday and happened everyday since.

( I took the car to the dealer and the dealer couldn't duplicated the problem. I went to pick the car up and the instrument cluster display was out. They kept the car and called us the next day to tell us that they needed to order a new instrument cluster display. It is on back order and the estimate of time was 2 weeks to a month for the display to come in.) Its a real shame when you buy a new car to have a big repair right away.

cfm56doc

Someone had posted that Kia knows about it and it is a software issue. They also said that this happens when you unlock your doors but then dont start the engine within about 15 seconds and this will happen. So I tried that and sure enough it went blank. So then you shut the car off, open the drivers door to kill power to everything, shut the door, lock the door, unlock the door and start within 15 seconds and it worked like it should. I did this like three times and each time the display would not come on if not started after 15 seconds of unlocking the door.

Now I am trying to remember if it was start within 15 seconds of unlock or opening the door? Either way if not started within 15 seconds of opening the door the screen would go blank. I also tested the cruise control and all the safety features with the center display blank, and they all still worked for me.

jturner

Not sure if you have had your issue corrected, but it is a known issue, caused during production and there is a recall on it. Recall is SC237. They will replace your instrument cluster at no cost to you. Hope this helps!