Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Digital Key error during setup using Samsung Pass - 2023 Telluride

tclark333

I have an Android phone, so when I try to create a digital key in the Kia Access app, it sends me to the Wallet App, which is Samsung Pass. As soon as that app opens, I get the following error:

"Couldn't add key. Your Samsung account is registered in a country or region that doesn't support digital keys."

The first thing I checked was my account to see where I was registered. It was set to Georgia, US. I contacted Kia and they told me it should be supported, but they had never heard of this issue and advised me to contact Samsung. I tried that, but I'm finding that to be an impossible task. I did try a different account but I got the same error.

Has anyone else been able to set up a digital key using Samsung Pass, or have any suggestions?

1684770196145.png 1684770872933.png

OP
T

tclark333

Thread Starter #2
Turns out I needed a new phone. I had a Galaxy S20 FE and apparently the digital key doesn't work with the FE model, so it was just a misleading error message. Upgraded to an S23 and everything is working now.