Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Garage door opener not connecting

Jej

The telluride has only 3 possible spots on the mirror (unlike the 5+ manual shows) and really 1 actual button. I hold the middle one and the light to the left never blinks like the manual says . I have the actual remote and still doesn’t connect. Anyone figure this out ?

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Only one usable button? Sounds like you have an auto dimming only mirror and not a homelink mirror.

OP
J

Jej

Thread Starter #3
Only one usable button? Sounds like you have an auto dimming only mirror and not a homelink mirror.
Yes that must be it - so my garage door opener won’t work ?

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Yes that must be it - so my garage door opener won’t work ?
Your Telluride doesn't have a garage opener. It's only available in the SX trim level or as an add-on for the other trims.

Yea, Homelink is kinda a basic feature that Kia should have included in all trims. The button you are pushing is turning the electrochromatic auto dimming mirror function on and off.

The telluride has only 3 possible spots on the mirror (unlike the 5+ manual shows) and really 1 actual button. I hold the middle one and the light to the left never blinks like the manual says . I have the actual remote and still doesn’t connect. Anyone figure this out ?
Unless you have the SX trim, homelink isn't available on any other trim levels.

I have a Telluride EX and have the 5 buttons as shown in the manual and on the video, but can’t get the light to start blinking in order to program the
buttons. Followed the video but no luck. Any suggestions?