Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Handle Lock Buttons & Theft

Piech26

Just purchased mine last week (2021 S trim). I live in Atlanta and there are a lot of vehicle thefts while people pump gas. I understand the gas enclosure won’t open unless the drivers door is unlocked. Not a big deal assuming I can lock the doors after I’ve already opened the gas cap. My concern is the lock/unlock buttons on the door handles. What if a thief sneaks up to the passenger door, clicks the button, and hops on in? How close does the key actually need to be to the car/driver’s door for this feature to work? Additionally, do the handle buttons work if I am sitting in the car? If I am at a stop light, could someone walk up to the car and get in? If I am parked in a parking lot, again, can someone walk up and get in? I have not tested this out myself yet so any info is much appreciated.