Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Outside door handle lock issue

Brand new to the community page, so sorry if I’m doing this wrong.
Over the last several months, my door handle button will randomly not lock my car. There’s no second key inside, nobody else in the car, key is in my purse. I hit the button & it beeps, but mirrors do not fold in & when I pull the handle it’s unlocked. Hit it a couple more times, with time in between each, & the same thing. If I’m lucky, after a few times of trying it will finally lock, but not always; I sometimes have to use my fob. Has anyone else had this issue? I’m due for an oil change in the next 1k miles, so I can bring it up then, just thought I’d ask here first. Thanks so much!

abdent78

Same issue.
Does Kia ever look at these and respond, or is this Forum for users only?

Brand new to the community page, so sorry if I’m doing this wrong.
Over the last several months, my door handle button will randomly not lock my car. There’s no second key inside, nobody else in the car, key is in my purse. I hit the button & it beeps, but mirrors do not fold in & when I pull the handle it’s unlocked. Hit it a couple more times, with time in between each, & the same thing. If I’m lucky, after a few times of trying it will finally lock, but not always; I sometimes have to use my fob. Has anyone else had this issue? I’m due for an oil change in the next 1k miles, so I can bring it up then, just thought I’d ask here first. Thanks so much!
Do you have a car manufactured between Feb 1, 2023 - June 9, 2023? If so, you may just need to have this reprogramming done.
Otherwise, I'd talk to the dealer about the issue.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2023/MC-10241179-0001.pdf

Same issue.
Does Kia ever look at these and respond, or is this Forum for users only?
Per the information on this forum: KIATelluride.org remains independent and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by KIA.

See the TSB I linked above to see if your car is due for some door handle software re-programming.