Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Has any one put bigger tires on the Telluride?

I'm on the same boat, want to go with larger tires to fill the wheel gap but waiting to use these stockers for a bit

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Going 285/70/17 once I find a set of 17" wheels besides the Black Rhino Barstow that will fit. The black Barstows tend to always be out of stock...

Suciowill

Won't know till you try it..
Currently having the same spacer lift that primal outdoors used machined and was going to try 265/65/18's but doubted it would work since he used 265/60/18's and mine would be an inch taller than those and he didn't look to have too much clearance.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Currently having the same spacer lift that primal outdoors used machined and was going to try 265/65/18's but doubted it would work since he used 265/60/18's and mine would be an inch taller than those and he didn't look to have too much clearance.
1 inch taller overall. Half an inch taller from hub..

I'm also waiting on a better and taller lift option.

1 inch taller overall. Half an inch taller from hub..

I'm also waiting on a better and taller lift option.
There is an inherent problem with trying to change the ride height with spacers and that is the wheel geometry changes when you put in spacers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
There is an inherent problem with trying to change the ride height with spacers and that is the wheel geometry changes when you put in spacers.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
There's always going to be pros and cons to modifying any factory standards...

Lifting and lowering vehicles have been done for years to improve maneuverability and aerodynamics. Obviously there will be cons/problems to each option.

Yep, I'm bringing back this old thread. I'm looking at installing a set of 255/55 R20s on my 2023. This will be a tad smaller than the 265/65 r18 noted earlier on this thread. Has anyone installed this size an have comments about the fit? Thanks.

psanti

Yep, I'm bringing back this old thread. I'm looking at installing a set of 255/55 R20s on my 2023. This will be a tad smaller than the 265/65 r18 noted earlier on this thread. Has anyone installed this size an have comments about the fit? Thanks.
Tiresize.com has an offset calculator page that shows the size of tires and wheels you plan to put on. Good to use for estimations and get a visual on how your current setup compares to what you might want to put on.