Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Headlight accessibility

Good morning all!!

New to this site, and am glad to be here.

How hard is it to change the headlight bulbs? My 12 Traverse was a royal pain, having to partially remove the wheel well skirt just to access the lights. Also, has anyone who doesnt own the SX model bought OEM or aftermarket LED bulbs? If so, which brand and how do you like them?

Thanks in advance,
Kevin

It looks fairly easy according to the manual. The DRL aren't replaceable but everything else is.

Headlights are HB3 60 watts, front turn signals are 1157NA 27 watts.

Attachments

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
Awesome!! I would be curious to see if anyone has done either a LED or HID conversion on this truck already.

Thanks,
Kevin

MicheleB

We are going to replace with Hid. After reading information hids seem to be a better choice. Keep you updated

Krug

HID conversion should work, not much room back there for the LED bulbs.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I have already tried. The headlight assembly is too tight to put an hid or led ballast inside. You'll need to make a hole in the cover and seal it. The smaller led bulbs that do fit just suck... I ended up going with Sylvania bulbs.

MicheleB

I have already tried. The headlight assembly is too tight to put an hid or led ballast inside. You'll need to make a hole in the cover and seal it. The smaller led bulbs that do fit just suck... I ended up going with Sylvania bulbs.
What bulb model did you use. And did it make a difference