Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

HK Front center audio distortion?

thecob

Hi all, I just picked up my SX earlier today and just got around to playing some music on the HK included with the car. I noticed that on most songs, the front center speaker would get distorted sound cracking with anything over low-medium volume. This seemed to get worse when the mid's are raised, but it is consistent and no setting changes gets rid of it. I was wondering if anyone else with the HK system was experiencing a similar issue.

Hi all, I just picked up my SX earlier today and just got around to playing some music on the HK included with the car. I noticed that on most songs, the front center speaker would get distorted sound cracking with anything over low-medium volume. This seemed to get worse when the mid's are raised, but it is consistent and no setting changes gets rid of it. I was wondering if anyone else with the HK system was experiencing a similar issue.
What's your music source? Bluetooth audio or via USB?

ScoobyUT

Same here today, my front speaker sounds really distorted on all modes. Any input folks? Thanks!

Pop1

Same problem with my 2021 SX nightfall. Sound was fine when I got the vehicle new but just got back from a trip and now notice bad distortion in center front speaker. Distortion is on all sources, XM, AM, FM and from mp3 music connected on usb.
Have an appointment with KIA dealer on 9/16/21. Has anyone gotten this issue fixed and did it require replacement of front center speaker?

Pop1

Distortion never came back after my last post. KIA dealer could not find any problem. Waiting to see now if the problem reappears