Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

How long did you wait for your Telluride order?

If you factory ordered, how long did you have to wait for yours to arrive?

What date did you order?
What date did it arrive?
Which trim level did you get?

I just ordered ours on July 3rd (SX w/o Prestige). Dealership said it will be 3-4 months.

Curious to hear everyone's experience given high demand/low supply + Coronavirus shutdowns.

Ordered Nov 14
Still waiting, so I had to pull out on the deal. My other car died, so I had to get something else. Was told no end in sight on the wait, but I'm trying to get a 2021 Prestige right now in Florida for $6k more....Ugh!

OP
O
Thread Starter #4
Ordered Nov 14
Still waiting, so I had to pull out on the deal. My other car died, so I had to get something else. Was told no end in sight on the wait, but I'm trying to get a 2021 Prestige right now in Florida for $6k more....Ugh!
Wow! I think that’s the longest I’ve heard someone waiting for an order. Did you try receiving updates from Kia during the wait time and did they say anything?

Wow! I think that’s the longest I’ve heard someone waiting for an order. Did you try receiving updates from Kia during the wait time and did they say anything?
Just talked to the dealer the whole time. And when I finally threw in the towel, they said I was still #5 on the list!

Randy501

ordered 5-31-19 was told Sept 12th on the truck delivery. wrong color combination arrived so they said another 3 months unless I took that one, dark moss with light grey. I ended up liking it better than the brown that I originally ordered. still a horrible experience that was made right by KIA customer service who I had been in touch with since I didn't trust the dealer.
SX prestige

Ordered my Black/Dune SX-Prestige on 7/27/19. Received it on 1/20/20. Well worth the wait! I just took it on a 6500 road trip and it performed flawlessly. I LOVE this car :love:

Ordered Oct. 18
Came in March 21
SX Prestige
I am new to the forum and new to Kia. I am wanting to place an order for 2021 moss green, grey, SXP nightfall with tow package. I live in Portland oregon. Two dealers have told me that they are not "allowed" to place orders. Can anyone provide me a dealer that can help me place an order for this? Or tell me how to place an order? i am willing to wait and ready to place order today. thanks in advance for any help.

I am new to the forum and new to Kia. I am wanting to place an order for 2021 moss green, grey, SXP nightfall with tow package. I live in Portland oregon. Two dealers have told me that they are not "allowed" to place orders. Can anyone provide me a dealer that can help me place an order for this? Or tell me how to place an order? i am willing to wait and ready to place order today. thanks in advance for any help.
Hello there, I am with Performance Kia in Everett (Seattle Area) Washington. I was allocated a SX Nightfall Edition today in Moss with the Gray Interior... It is available for sale.

kelrog

We ordered ours on 02/03/2020. We ordered the SXP AWD Gravity Grey-Black interior. We were then told that we would be getting 2021 because of COVID. In the meantime, we requested to add the Nightfall edition to the car, since my wife loves all the blackout features. Was just told on Monday 7/272020, that they were able to place the order. He said on average after placing order VIN is anywhere from 4-8 weeks and pick-up is also anywhere from 4-8 weeks. We were told since we ordered the Nightfall edition specifically, he was able to place our order before some others because he had slots open for that edition. I am not sure what that means, but I know she will be happy when it comes.

cliffie

I was told by a dealership in Michigan on Saturday that they cannot place orders yet. Another dealership in MIchigan said they could, and one in Ohio told me they could.
Who knows.

Yourmom

What date did you order?
What date did it arrive?

I just ordered ours on July 3rd (SX w/o Prestige). Dealership said it will be 3-4 months.

Curious to hear everyone's experience given high demand/low supply + Coronavirus shutdowns.
I ordered 2nd or 3rd week of January, and we’ve been told ‘next week’ for about 6-7 weeks now. SX AWD without prestige. Kia of Muncie. We’ve had the VIN for quite a while. I feel like an idiot for having waited this long. It can’t possibly be worth it. I don’t think my spouse is going to give up on it until i go buy a Palisade off the lot. I feel pretty bad for the ppl who have ordered since me, b/c they’ve been told Sept/Oct ETA, which means dealers all over the country are telling potential buyers whatever they want to hear.

OP
O
Thread Starter #16
I ordered this week (8/17/2020) and the dealer said 12 months. He said it’s averaging 10 months so they tell everyone a year just so they don’t disappoint anyone
10 months is insane, let alone an entire year of waiting! :oops:

OP
O
Thread Starter #17
Update on my Telluride Order:

Today I got confirmation that the Kia factory accepted our order.

We placed our order with the dealership on July 3rd, so it has been 49 days from the time we ordered at the dealership to the factory accepting our order and saying "Yes" we will now start building your order.

We also upgraded to the SX w/ Prestige.

I also know different dealerships in different states have experienced different wait times. I ordered ours in South Bend, Indiana for comparisons.

What date did you order?
What date did it arrive?

We ordered SX P/T in Feb and got a VIN in Aug. Couple of delays, pushed dates through COVID. Good luck.