Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

How much more power can we extract out of the 3.8L?

I've been searching youtube and I haven't seen much tuning for the 3.8L GDI other than what's available for the Hyundai Genesis. Anyone have an idea how much power potential we can get out of the 3.8L?

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
The 3.8L GDI ATKINSON CYCLE was just introduced for the telluride and the palisade. So there shouldn't be any new info yet on tuning.

normal add on/bolt on stuff will show its head the next year or so. headers/exhaust, turbo kits, perhaps a super charger? I know at a cold idle it has a good sound... in neutral with a light rev it sounds like shit. But I am getting 25+ mpg.. if I want exhaust noise i'll buy a v8.

Supercharger would be nice, there is plenty of room under the hood.

Hello ..Just bought a 2021 SX Telluride, And every auto I ever owned was moddified...So I can't wait for any news on this...a turbo kit or Supercharger is way up my alley...

normal add on/bolt on stuff will show its head the next year or so. headers/exhaust, turbo kits, perhaps a super charger? I know at a cold idle it has a good sound... in neutral with a light rev it sounds like shit. But I am getting 25+ mpg.. if I want exhaust noise i'll buy a v8.
I bought a Borla exhaust for mine when it was on sale and it sounds great on a cold start.

Attachments