Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Illuminated Telluride Sill (Scuff) Plate Installation 2020-2024.

Hello.
I recently purchased a 2024 Kia Telluride SX. I wanted to install the Kia Telluride illuminated sill plates but the manufacturer only had them listed for models 2020-2022. What about 2023 & 24? Couldn’t get a straight answer so when I found some on closeout on a website I took a chance and bought them. $150 shipped.
The instructions are very detailed and have nice pictures. Total job took 2 hours. So yes, the illuminated sill plates WILL fit models 2020-2024.

Now, the instructions tell you to splice into certain color wires on the wiring harness. Those colors were WRONG on my 2024. What you have to do as the instructions state is go by the Pin connector tab # (they have good pics) and use that color wire no matter the color. For example, the instructions state to attach to a grey wire at pin 32 on the wire harness. My pin #32 was a red wire. Just have to be sure to follow instructions closely and look at the pin and buss connectors…. Not the wire colors.
Now for a 2020-2022, i’m sure the wire colors are per instructions. They must have changed in 23.

Anyway, wanted to share. I HAVE SOME new stock sill plates I’ll sell for $10 each plus shipping if your stock sills are all scuffed….
Have a good one.
TJ

Attachments

Mijoktm

Hello.
I recently purchased a 2024 Kia Telluride SX. I wanted to install the Kia Telluride illuminated sill plates but the manufacturer only had them listed for models 2020-2022. What about 2023 & 24? Couldn’t get a straight answer so when I found some on closeout on a website I took a chance and bought them. $150 shipped.
The instructions are very detailed and have nice pictures. Total job took 2 hours. So yes, the illuminated sill plates WILL fit models 2020-2024.

Now, the instructions tell you to splice into certain color wires on the wiring harness. Those colors were WRONG on my 2024. What you have to do as the instructions state is go by the Pin connector tab # (they have good pics) and use that color wire no matter the color. For example, the instructions state to attach to a grey wire at pin 32 on the wire harness. My pin #32 was a red wire. Just have to be sure to follow instructions closely and look at the pin and buss connectors…. Not the wire colors.
Now for a 2020-2022, i’m sure the wire colors are per instructions. They must have changed in 23.

Anyway, wanted to share. I HAVE SOME new stock sill plates I’ll sell for $10 each plus shipping if your stock sills are all scuffed….
Have a good one.
TJ

OP
T
Thread Starter #4
Those look really nice. Where did you find them?
To be honest, I can’t recall the site name, as I bought them a month ago and finally had a free friday night to install them. I think i just googled “telluride illuminated sill plates” and just scrolled till I found the cheapest one. I DO know the site I bought from only had one left, and I got it. However, there were lots of other sites that had them available…. Most were around $200ish. My advice: buy a set. They look awesome!!

FDGoose

TJ,

Mark here. They look great!

I was wondering if you still had the instructions? If so, could you post the page or pages that have the "Pin connector tab #'s" for the pin and bus connectors? I was looking to hard wire some aftermarket door sills.

Thanks, Mark