Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Interior Fading/Discoloring

Anyone else having some fading or discoloring on their arm rests?

I have a 2020 with Dune interior and noticed that the arm rest on the driver and passenger (rear does not seem impacted) seems to be discolored from the rest of the door panel.

The image is the front drivers door and the color is just off to me when you compare it to the seat color and specifically the rest of the door panel.

Driver.JPG

I have noticed that if it gets wet, the plastic and the "leather," the water leaves stains. I have treated the surfaces with Armoral, which helps make it look clean again, but it just happens then next time the door gets wet.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I have a brand new ‘21 Telluride and my wife’s hand cream bleached out the black seat and door. I will be talking to my dealership about this. The car wash was able to cover the damage somewhat but still visible.

Attachments

I have a brand new ‘21 Telluride and my wife’s hand cream bleached out the black seat and door. I will be talking to my dealership about this. The car wash was able to cover the damage somewhat but still visible.
Yikes. Let us know how that turned out. Good tip for the rest of us. I'll tell my wife. "HONEY!" o_O

Yikes! What kind of hand cream was this? Just regular lotion? or some kind of dermatology dark-spot remover/anti-aging stuff? Now I'm worried!

Anyone else having some fading or discoloring on their arm rests?

I have a 2020 with Dune interior and noticed that the arm rest on the driver and passenger (rear does not seem impacted) seems to be discolored from the rest of the door panel.

The image is the front drivers door and the color is just off to me when you compare it to the seat color and specifically the rest of the door panel.

View attachment 3060
What type of cleaning product are you using when you clean the interior? Also how often to you clean the interior?

Have you tried cleaning it? Also not a dealership problem since you did it and not a manufacturer defect or problem.

What did the car wash do?

OP
C
Thread Starter #9
What type of cleaning product are you using when you clean the interior? Also how often to you clean the interior?

I just got the car March 1 so haven't had to clean the interior, minus some wipedowns with a microfiber. Any recommendations on interior cleaner? I have historically used Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather cleaner.

Chemical Guys InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer and Protectant for dash, door panels and center console.

Meguiar’s Ultimate Leather Detailer - Leather Cleaner, Leather Conditioner & UV Protection on leather

RTBoston

I have a Palisade so take it for what it's worth. But I had the same problem with sunblock on our armrest (white streaks).
Some dish detergent (watered down well) and armor all when done took care of the problem.