Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride Issues

Jimbo43

I wish I could say no but we had a camera go on the fringe on our SX and now it looks like the dealer did a repair on the wiring harness that has caused all kinds of problems (Shifting, Auto Hold, Start/Stop Mode and Traction Control all freaking out and the brake light will not go off when it is parked and locked. We are taking it back in the morning....fun stuff :)

Cjknpyb

I wish I could say no but we had a camera go on the fringe on our SX and now it looks like the dealer did a repair on the wiring harness that has caused all kinds of problems (Shifting, Auto Hold, Start/Stop Mode and Traction Control all freaking out and the brake light will not go off when it is parked and locked. We are taking it back in the morning....fun stuff :)[/QUOT

Cjknpyb

Ours did the same thing after the dealership did an oil change and tire rotation. Also taking back in the morning

Pat

We had to replace the battery within the 1st 2 months, totally dead also had a defective windshield KIA replaced, and now taking to dealer and front windshield wiper spray does not spray fluid
and with the same appointment the dealer will fix the recall regarding the trailer wiring harness issue. We received a letter from KIA regarding the recall. We also received a letter from KIA regarding potential front windshield issues but it wasn't a recall, however KIA did replace the windshield no charge with any of these repairs so far as under warranty. We've got about 8,000 miles on our 2020 so far.

KCorrigan

Has anyone had any problems or issues with the Telluride so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We got our car after 6 months wait because we ordered the Black Copper fully loaded. We were very excited. I like the car but do notice some issues the dealership will need to address...
An issue we are having is a vibration, particularly when you get to around 65-80 mph (it’s not balancing tires either). It’s more than noticeable...it’s scary 😧 ... we’ve had the car 5 months.
The other issue is our tire pressure light keeps coming on despite checking the pressure ... from Day 1
The next issue is our exterior cameras on the right side glitch ...from Day 1
A few things I’d like them to change...V8 option, tow hooks just in case and for some reason I have more cabin noise than I would have expected for a $49k car...

My 2020 EX driverside window goes up and then back down about a half inch. I was told to lower window and hold switch down for 15 seconds then raise window to top and hold switch for another 15 seconds. That worked once. Now it's doing it again.

Lolathedog

800 miles. The radio sound control stopped working, press reset button next to volume. Now the AC has stopped blowing. Taking it in tomorrow. :( frustrated already and brand new.

Emergency brake will engage but won't when pushed. You have to put in gear from it to disengage. Charger port also Navi port cuts off after 1 hour of use or 25 mins with heater on. Windshield cracked out of nowhere. Overheating warning came on after driving for 15 mins .. parked the car check everything turned car back on no more problem it was weird taking to dealer on appt date which is 4 weeks away.. smh dealership so backed up can't even get a oil change . 😒

Kirkie

We've already been on a couple of road trips and couldn't be happier with the purchase.
I wish I could say that about mine it's vibrating anything over 110 km I don't like that at all.

dal184

One of our captains chairs easy fold down buttons stopped working. Doesn't work from the hatch and either button on the chair stopped working... We have 3k miles on it and it's a 2021 SX. Anyone have thoughts on this? Sounds like a power issue.

New issue!! Now my radio has to be replaced. Telluride is less than 2 yrs old, but has over 30,000 miles so not covered under warranty. Extended warranty doesn't cover. 2nd major issue and had for less than 2 years.

Its ur tires.... either there is flat spots or they need to be balanced or there is a bent in the rim
no that is not the issue, I have the same problem, between , my car is vibrating at higher speeds. I took it to the dealership, they said it was the tires. but the issue continues after I got the car back from the dealership.

New issue!! Now my radio has to be replaced. Telluride is less than 2 yrs old, but has over 30,000 miles so not covered under warranty. Extended warranty doesn't cover. 2nd major issue and had for less than 2 years.
Why did the extended warranty not cover it?

oledog

There was another member that posted on the FB group that they're having issues with the battery. Something is causing the battery to drain, dealer replaced with a new battery but the problem is still there. I'll keep everyone posted if they share an update.
Just this week, my 2020 Prestige SX4WD with just over 11,000 miles, purchased in July'19 could not start. I got a jump and drove to dealer. He replaced battery as per warranty. Also, noticing excess wear in both front tires.

JW72

Yes tonight there was an issue with the backing camera not working. The infotainment screen was dark. Then when the vehicle was placed into reverse the screen showed a green screen where the camera image should be. The message “weak signal, try again latter”. Then without warning there was the backing camera image, for two seconds, then the green screen again. I shut the vehicle off, and went through the start procedure several times. Each time with the same results. Backing camera continues to flash from camera image to green screen and back. Cycling continuously while the vehicle was in reverse. Shifted out of and back into reverse multiple times, and the same exact result.

Attachments