Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride Issues

afahhad

Service dept at Kia dealership I bought the car from. They had my car all day Monday and could not get the door to open. The manager told me a new door was ordered. He also said there will probably be damage caused by removing this door so they don’t want to touch it until the new door arrives which may be in mid May.
I have been told that some owners face an issue in the A/C (not cooling) and sunroof (not working)

The only real issue I experienced is rattling center console lid. Luckily it was replaced using warranty service. The service manager apologized for longer than expected repair time saying that it wasn't a simple as popping off the lid. I guess they had to take the console box out in its entirety to access the lid.
EDIT: Oh scrolling up to Vietvet's posting reminded me, the fluid levels were not topped off. Engine oil was barely registering on dipstick and coolant was halfway between min and max. Tire pressure was around 40 (some reported much higher number) so I deflated a bit to 35 myself. The fluid level issue was remedied with a separate service appointment. $0 for both the lid and fluid top off appointment.

Bayfam

Long story but 10 miles into ownership the check engine light comes on and turns out I need an entire transmission replacement! On a new car! Consumer affairs escalated quickly and they offered me 3 months car payments in trade to release all liability which is practically extortion meaning I could never sue them or file a lemon law claim. So no way am I signing that. The transmission was expedited from Georgia to CA so we shall see if all is well or not. So disappointed they wouldn’t buy back or replace the vehicle with this major catastrophic failure!

Greentele

Long story but 10 miles into ownership the check engine light comes on and turns out I need an entire transmission replacement! On a new car! Consumer affairs escalated quickly and they offered me 3 months car payments in trade to release all liability which is practically extortion meaning I could never sue them or file a lemon law claim. So no way am I signing that. The transmission was expedited from Georgia to CA so we shall see if all is well or not. So disappointed they wouldn’t buy back or replace the vehicle with this major catastrophic failure!
Were you having transmission problems or did check engine light just turn on?

Bayfam

Were you having transmission problems or did check engine light just turn on?
Within the first few miles it seemed sluggish and it grinded and shook when put into Reverse then the check engine light came on 10 miles into ownership.

Speedometer (digital and analog) both stuck at 0. Smart cruise also believes its at zero and if engaged will speed up continually. At the same time blind spot detection and lane keep assist are not functioning