Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

LX, S, EX Headlight adjustment screw location

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I was a little confused at first as I was trying to adjust the headlights at night as anyone else would. What I should have done first was look at the headlight assembly during the day to identify the adjustment screwd...

Vertical adjustment screw circled in green behind a metal tab.
2019-03-25_18-02-43_627.jpeg

Closer look at the vertical adjustment screw.
2019-03-25_18-03-25_899.jpeg

Metal tab that covers the adjustment screw.
2019-03-25_18-03-44_483.jpeg

This is what you see when you look down the hole for horizontal adjustment. It doesn't look like it's easily adjustable.
2019-03-25_18-04-29_000.jpeg

Jerrick

Question is how do you actually adjust them? Is there a tool or method for adjusting the verical orientation. Coul dstand to lower the beam slightly with the Sealight LED's i have in. Great pattern,, just needs to be adjusted down slightly. Being an S, donthave fogs.

OP
U

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Thread Starter #5
Question is how do you actually adjust them? Is there a tool or method for adjusting the verical orientation. Coul dstand to lower the beam slightly with the Sealight LED's i have in. Great pattern,, just needs to be adjusted down slightly. Being an S, donthave fogs.
Philips screw driver. Clock wise to go up counter to go down. You can also youtube how to adjust headlights. 90% of how to adjust headlights are the same.

I was a little confused at first as I was trying to adjust the headlights at night as anyone else would. What I should have done first was look at the headlight assembly during the day to identify the adjustment screwd...

View attachment 140

View attachment 141

View attachment 142

This is what you see when you look down the hole for horizontal adjustment. It doesn't look like it's easily adjustable.
View attachment 143
In your second image the bolt head below the plate is your height adjustment, I’ve just lowered my right side light on my EX and that is what I used.

OP
U

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Thread Starter #7
In your second image the bolt head below the plate is your height adjustment, I’ve just lowered my right side light on my EX and that is what I used.
Exactly why the caption above it says vertical adjustment... LoL

OP
U

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Thread Starter #9
Sorry, what meant was that this is your adjustment (circled in yellow) nothing to do with the Philips cover port.
Image 2 is a reference image.. Showing you to look for the metal tab to find the adjustment screw hole...

Rsumo

I have an sx and people were flashing me at least 3-5 times a week. Not a mechanic but decided to turn the top white knob behind the headlights. Seemed to work. Clockwise was to lower, counter clockwise was to raise. Used star T-60. I did not turn the other knobs. There are four knobs in total and I only turned the top which worked.

Attachments

m1match

My Telluride SX headlights were way too high and people were flashing their lights at me all the time. I took Rsumo's advice and bought a T60 torx socket. Just like he said, turning the top torx adjustment clockwise brings the headlight beam down.

My Telluride SX headlights were way too high and people were flashing their lights at me all the time. I took Rsumo's advice and bought a T60 torx socket. Just like he said, turning the top torx adjustment clockwise brings the headlight beam down.
Great! How many turns did you go by chance? Did you match both sides? Thanks.

m1match

I first parked my Mercedes GLC 300 about 30 feet from the garage cabinets and put tape at the headlight cutoff line. Then I parked my Telluride in the same place and adjusted the headlight cutoff for the right and left lights to the same place as the Mercedes. On my garage cabinet I moved the cutoff line down about 6 inches which took less than one turn of the torx nut

Can anyone help me with providing or explaining how I go about changing out my HID to LED headlights? I have the bulbs just have no clue how to start and what to do. I hear it’s easy...but feel dumb I don’t know where to begin to get to where the bulb is to replace. Any guidance is appreciate.

FPTelly

View attachment 140

View attachment 141

View attachment 142

View attachment 143
Thanks for the write up. Were you able to adjust the horizontal line? Curious on whether you just stick a Philips through the hole and just turn clock wise/counter clock wise. Wanted to ask before I attempted tonight

Digging up an old thread. Tried this myself on my 22 S after installing LASFIT LEDs. After install, I was getting people flashing me left and right at night. I turned the 12mm nut and was able to lower them. Now, I think I lowered them a little too much. When I go to turn the bolt in the opposite direction, the mechanism just clicks and the horizontal line of the headlight stays put. Any thoughts?

TellyA587

Digging up an old thread. Tried this myself on my 22 S after installing LASFIT LEDs. After install, I was getting people flashing me left and right at night. I turned the 12mm nut and was able to lower them. Now, I think I lowered them a little too much. When I go to turn the bolt in the opposite direction, the mechanism just clicks and the horizontal line of the headlight stays put. Any thoughts?
@MPShelford Did you eventually figure it out how to adjust the beam higher? I hope it didn’t cause a new issue.

Sweendog

Thanks for the write up. Were you able to adjust the horizontal line? Curious on whether you just stick a Philips through the hole and just turn clock wise/counter clock wise. Wanted to ask before I attempted tonight
I managed to adjust the vertical after converting to LED on my 2021 EX, but have yet to figure out how to adjust the horizontal left-right. Anyone know the trick?

Sweendog

Image 2 is a reference image.. Showing you to look for the metal tab to find the adjustment screw hole...
So do I remove the tab to get to the adjustment screw for horizontal left to right?

Sweendog

I removed the tab and found nothing adjustable. Where is the horizontal left-right adjustment?