Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Our order was canceled by KIA.

We ordered an EX (If I remember correctly, its been so long.) Sept. 1, 2021. Was told it had still had not been picked up by factory. The last time we spoke to the dealer we asked about the year change and was told that it would just automatically become the new year, and it would only be about $500 more - no problem. Today my wife gets a call from some sales rep at the dealer she has never heard of. Realize the sales rep that sold us the car and took the $3000 deposit quit shortly after doing so. We have been talking directly to the sales manager. This sales rep told her that KIA is no longer making the 2022 Telluride and not taking any orders for the 2023 yet. We could not even wrap our heads around what he was saying & let him know we were getting off the phone as my wife was really upset. If we understood him correctly, we would be going to the end of the line again. We called the manager later in the day and he confirmed that was what Kia was doing. I have read in numerous places of people ordering cars in 2022 in getting them recently. I dont understand how that can be? Are certain dealers given preferential treatment? Has anyone spoken to their dealer real recently and can clarify if this is true. I don't see how a company can take deposits from all these people, not put it in a interest bearing account and then just blow them off approximately a year later. They have made a lot of money off our deposits!!!!

I'm not sure what's happening at your dealer, but I was told that my order will be converted to a 2023 and we will be keeping our current place "in line" at our dealership. Waiting for them to contact me that the 2023 order book is open to update ours. Read other entries in the forums about 2023 order status. They have not yet started taking orders.

KIASeth

I'm not sure what's happening at your dealer, but I was told that my order will be converted to a 2023 and we will be keeping our current place "in line" at our dealership. Waiting for them to contact me that the 2023 order book is open to update ours. Read other entries in the forums about 2023 order status. They have not yet started taking orders.
This is the correct approach at any KIA Dealership. Steve I am so sorry to hear of your unfortunate circumstances. A lot of 2022 orders will not be processed as 22s but will be converted over to a 23. As long as you stay in touch with your dealership you should be able to keep your spot in line when they convert the orders over.

I am curious though, was your $3000 deposit refundable? Here at Arapahoe KIA we only take $100 deposits to place an order and it is RISK FREE, money back guaranteed at any time. We also guarantee MSRP on a custom Telluride order and right now about a 7-8 month turn around time to get into a 23 model. If I can be of any help, please feel free to reach out to me here or call Arapahoe KIA and ask for Seth. I know you're not from the Denver area so I would be happy to reimburse you up to $400 for a flight here to drive your new car home.

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
This is the correct approach at any KIA Dealership. Steve I am so sorry to hear of your unfortunate circumstances. A lot of 2022 orders will not be processed as 22s but will be converted over to a 23. As long as you stay in touch with your dealership you should be able to keep your spot in line when they convert the orders over.

I am curious though, was your $3000 deposit refundable? Here at Arapahoe KIA we only take $100 deposits to place an order and it is RISK FREE, money back guaranteed at any time. We also guarantee MSRP on a custom Telluride order and right now about a 7-8 month turn around time to get into a 23 model. If I can be of any help, please feel free to reach out to me here or call Arapahoe KIA and ask for Seth. I know you're not from the Denver area so I would be happy to reimburse you up to $400 for a flight here to drive your new car home.
That's the way it should be. I'm starting to think these guys didn't didn't Jack up MSRP just to lure us in so they could order a car under someone's name and then when the Order gets picked up at the factory and they know it's coming at some point then they break the news to you and say they're not selling you the car. There was a big problem with Ford doing this where they actually made a policy telling all the dealerships that the name on the order had to be on the final paperwork to and only allowed them a small percentage of cancelations.

OP
J
Thread Starter #5

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
That's the way it should be. I'm starting to think these guys didn't didn't Jack up MSRP just to lure us in so they could order a car under someone's name and then when the Order gets picked up at the factory and they know it's coming at some point then they break the news to you and say they're not selling you the car. There was a big problem with Ford doing this where they actually made a policy telling all the dealerships that the name on the order had to be on the final paperwork to and only allowed them a small percentage of cancelations.

KIASeth

You're 100% correct about Ford. My last dealership was Ford and KIA and order cancelations we had to have a signed document of reason the customer backed out or we could lose our ability to order vehicles. I wouldn't put it past them to have done that. Please feel free to reach out if I can be of any help, otherwise best of luck to you and I hope you get your telluride soon.

OP
J
Thread Starter #8

Seth, this is so confusing. When you say keep your place in line, do you mean at KIA or the dealership? I know I would have my spot in line at the actual dealership but that is not my concern. If I put in order in 12 months ago then KIA should have it and get to it soon, as long as we change the 2 to a 3 in the year and there are not other changes such as a nightfall edition ect.

KIASeth

You don't really have a place in line with KIA per say, your dealership does in a sense and that is how many KIA allocates them each term or quarter whatever they are doing. So your place in line at your dealership is extremely important. You getting your ordered unit is all about your dealers allocation and where in line you are with that dealership. If your dealership is only allocated 10 Tellurides in a 6 month term and they have a 100 orders, then if you're not in the first 10 spots for your dealership you will be waiting a VERY long time, likely years before your dealership is allocated enough Tellurides from KIA to get your order picked up. So it's just sitting in the data base waiting. That's why finding a dealership that can get 20-40 Tellurides a month is so important because even if their waiting list is 200 long, you'll get it much faster than a dealership that gets 10-20 tellurides every 6 months and a waiting list of 50 people.

My last dealership wouldn't even take KIA orders because we were allocated so few that people would be waiting years and it meant having no Tellurides on the lot for sale because the few allocations would just be ordered units. I'm now at a dealership that gets so many Tellurides we place orders daily for them and have a decent turn around time because we are allocated so many of them for being a top dealership.

Guido723

We were told the same thing today after waiting 7 months from Bob King Kia in Winston Salem NC that our 2022 special Telluride was cancelled. If we wanted a 2023 we would have to reorder and get in the back of the line. WHAT A HORRIBLE WAY TO DO BUSINESS. I WILL NEVER SEND
OR TELL ANYONE TO GO TO A KIA DEALERSHIP. IF ANYTHING I WILL TRY AND STEER THEM CLEAR. HOW CAN YOU STAY IN BUSINESS TREATING PEOPLE THIS WAY. I GUESS PUTIN MUST HAVE ALSO INVADED THE KIA BOARD ROOM

We were told the same thing today after waiting 7 months from Bob King Kia in Winston Salem NC that our 2022 special Telluride was cancelled. If we wanted a 2023 we would have to reorder and get in the back of the line. WHAT A HORRIBLE WAY TO DO BUSINESS. I WILL NEVER SEND
OR TELL ANYONE TO GO TO A KIA DEALERSHIP. IF ANYTHING I WILL TRY AND STEER THEM CLEAR. HOW CAN YOU STAY IN BUSINESS TREATING PEOPLE THIS WAY. I GUESS PUTIN MUST HAVE ALSO INVADED THE KIA BOARD ROOM
That’s a terrible way to do business. It makes me want to sell mine.

I don't understand about Kia "cancelling" orders. I called my salesperson on Saturday and he told me that he had already converted my order from 2022 to 2023 on Thursday or Friday. I am still #30 on their priority list. I dropped by the dealership and had him change the interior color and he printed out a copy of the order. I was told that this dealership had 300 orders. All were converted to MY 2023 this past week and kept their spots in line.