Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Possible transmission issues?!

Good evening folks!

I rolled over 6500 miles this week and could swear I was feeling some transmission slipping like sensations while using cruise control in a 55mph work zone.

While I wanted to chalk it up to poor road surface and perhaps the intelligent cruise settings I felt it again today while driving stop light to stop light.

It feels as if the trans is skipping a gear and has a bit of a lunge feeling ( but while going 45+ mph ). Because it’s not constant I will keep you informed and take it in when I can prove it’s happening.

Other then this issue, I’ve had a perfect little suv.

Hey I'm at 5700 miles with no problem so far but yes keep us posted if it gets worse.

I've got 16,000 miles so far and have no problems yet.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Good evening folks!

I rolled over 6500 miles this week and could swear I was feeling some transmission slipping like sensations while using cruise control in a 55mph work zone.

While I wanted to chalk it up to poor road surface and perhaps the intelligent cruise settings I felt it again today while driving stop light to stop light.

It feels as if the trans is skipping a gear and has a bit of a lunge feeling ( but while going 45+ mph ). Because it’s not constant I will keep you informed and take it in when I can prove it’s happening.

#1 Your never drive on cruise control doing 55mph it will slip gears no matter what car you drive PS.It happened to me few times with my other cars.

the_anj

#1 Your never drive on cruise control doing 55mph it will slip gears no matter what car you drive PS.It happened to me few times with my other cars.
Can you explain the reasoning behind that?

ucinn

Staff Member
Yes please do.. I have never had any car's transmission slip using cruise at any speed.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I cruise all the time at 60-80 and slipping gears has never happened in any car I've owned. So yes, please explain.

monkeyman

So I noticed some sloppy shifts on the S I test drove. It was when it wasn't fully warmed up yet though. Didn't happen after warmed up, but I didn't drive the same rout again either on the year drive. More of a shift timing thing. Springy feeling. Like a manual when you let the clutch out a half second too soon or late. I chalked it up to first run programming. I've noticed shifts not being 100% tuned on most first model years.

Sorry for the late reply worked on my car all day. BTW What Causes a Transmission to Slip? Low fluid levels – The most common cause for slipping is low fluid levels. Low fluid levels can create a number of problems, such as overheating and not enough hydraulic pressure being produced to engage gears. ... Bands are what links the gears in the automatic transmission as for my cars the reason above all was me driving them in cold whether with out letting the engine worm up learn the hard way.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Sorry for the late reply worked on my car all day. BTW What Causes a Transmission to Slip? Low fluid levels – The most common cause for slipping is low fluid levels. Low fluid levels can create a number of problems, such as overheating and not enough hydraulic pressure being produced to engage gears. ... Bands are what links the gears in the automatic transmission as for my cars the reason above all was me driving them in cold whether with out letting the engine worm up learn the hard way.
Still doesn't explain your; "#1 Your never drive on cruise control doing 55mph it will slip gears no matter what car you drive PS.It happened to me few times with my other cars."

kkoop

Good evening folks!

Good evening folks!

just brought my 2020 Telluride into the shop because of a loud noise while driving. They said the noise is coming from the transmission and they are sending an engineer to look at it. My car only has 7500 miles on it 🧐