Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

SX Prestige with Chrome Wheels

Lu..

Sorry, but I’m old school I guess. This all black look is not me, so I want to swap out my black SX rims for chrome.

I really dig the design of the stock 20” rims, but has anyone chromed them out, if so, can you provide info; link, how much, etc..

I know eventually somebody will come out with the chrome covers that you can glue on to the black rims, but I rather go all out and have them chrome plated.

Thanks in advance.

swarai

Have you ever owned chrome rims before? Unless you have a garage they need weekly attention especially if you live in inconsistent weather patterns. Lol, I got the black rims to get away from chrome. I will say, chrome on a black suv is awesome especially at night 👍

moi

My husband & I in our early 60's and plan on doing some trips with this vehicle and hauling grandkids as needed.
We just ordered a Telluride 1/620 after doing an extensive deep dive research, testing on all SUV's in this class since last summer.
We tend to keep our vehicles for many years.

Conclusion for us was in 3 models - The Buick Enclave, Toyota's Highlander 2020 and the Telluride. In the end, we decided the Telluride gave us much more bells & whistles for the price and warranty although any of these models were good solid choices. I have back issues and the comfort in the passenger seat in front held a lot of weight in the final decision. Where is the lumbar support for all front passengers seats unless you go in another price bracket and even those are not a given. Also, we noticed towards the end of the year a number of Awards being given to Kia's Telluride. Coming from Michigan, buying a Kia was a huge thought process change. We like knowing this is being built in the USA though. I also believe this will be quite an adventurous time in our lives with the freedom to do some real traveling.

Colors - I would have chosen the Everlasting Silver with Black interior except, my current Suburu Outback is Blue and I needed a
color change. I also have owned a Black/Brown vehicles which is beautiful when clean. Our decision was in ordering...

SX, Prestige
AWD
Moss Green
Brown Nappa Interior
Tow Package

The dealer has no idea on the wait time.

moi

Still waiting, will call dealer this week to find out if he can get any info on ETD...:unsure:

Ampedup8

Sorry, but I’m old school I guess. This all black look is not me, so I want to swap out my black SX rims for chrome.

I really dig the design of the stock 20” rims, but has anyone chromed them out, if so, can you provide info; link, how much, etc..

I know eventually somebody will come out with the chrome covers that you can glue on to the black rims, but I rather go all out and have them chrome plated.

Thanks in advance.
I would like to know this too. Just ordered an SX and I’ve never been fond of black wheels. I dont necessarily want to chrome the black wheels though. Maybe some other type of metallic looking coating, maybe like the base LX wheels which are just silver.

Slack697

I would be willing to swap with anyone that has the black rims. I pick up my Telluride on Saturday and it has the 20 inch metallic rims.

Slack697

Thanks in advance.
I pick up my Telluride on Saturday that has the 20 inch metallic if you are interested in swapping?