Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

towing

What transmission mode for towing, nothing in manuel
By flat bed or dolly, not by its wheels. Also when loading on flat bed there is a procedure you have to do to prevent the air bags from deploying as a result of the tilt sensor being triggered. As always verify with the owners manual for yourself.

OP
H

Hoghead

Thread Starter #3
By flat bed or dolly, not by its wheels. Also when loading on flat bed there is a procedure you have to do to prevent the air bags from deploying as a result of the tilt sensor being triggered. As always verify with the owners manual for yourself.

OP
H

Hoghead

Thread Starter #4
Yes manual is the way to go and the info was very informative , but I was referring to towing something behind vehicle like cargo trailer. I looked and could not find anything in manual about towing trailer with vehicle.

Yes manual is the way to go and the info was very informative , but I was referring to towing something behind vehicle like cargo trailer. I looked and could not find anything in manual about towing trailer with vehicle.
Hoghead
I asked the same question a while ago, with no response.
I can tell you that, when I towed a small boat, the engine RPM's were a lot higher and gas consumption
was about 30-40 percent more. Otherwise, the vehicle handled the towing very well, with plenty of power.

Krug

So I asked my dealer this question and was told that the drive mode didn't matter, but they did suggest that I disable start/stop so it's less jerky.