Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Transmission Issues

Mobery

I have a Telluride S. Had a potentially dangerous experience this morning. Temp was about 10 degress F. After backing out of driveway, and then placing the vehicle in Drive, hit the gas and nothing happened. Switched back to park and then Drive again, hit the gas and again nothing happened. After hitting the gas a little harder, the vehicle lunged forward. Then this also happened at an intersection. Possibly the emergency brake was sticking due to the cold??

no warnings? I would take it in to have it checked. There is a list of what it could be, but the most likely is a blocked sensor.

But in any case it should have tossed a warning. Take it to the dealer.

TylerS

Mobery,

Have you had it happen again? Or did you take it in and what did they say?

Wife just got a '21 Telluride and has this same thing happen a few times over the last week while the Temps have been near zero F.

Mobery,

Have you had it happen again? Or did you take it in and what did they say?

Wife just got a '21 Telluride and has this same thing happen a few times over the last week while the Temps have been near zero F.
last and only time they have been on here was December 2019

TylerS

And probably the same for me 😆...as long as there's no more issues with the wife's Telluride