Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Tricking the Telluride

Is there any way to trick the car to avoid manual interaction when in HDA mode ? It frequently asks for a manual intervention may be every 40 secs which is too soon. I hear Honda odyssey has a the limit of 2 mins.
Is it possible to trick the car ? I heard of a tennis ball trick for the tesla autopilot mode where you have the tennis ball keep pressure on the steering wheel making the car think someone is holding the wheel.

OP
C
Thread Starter #2
hmm looks like no one in interested in tricking it :)

That's because it would be ill-advised tell someone how to defeat the safety system. As you probably are aware, the KT is not a fully autonomous vehicle. The system is there to assist you, not drive for you. While LFA does a good job, it is not full proof. It has a hard time steering around merge lanes, when lane markings are not clear, around some curves and complex lane transitions. The LFA disengages under those and other conditions and you have to take immediate control so keep your hands on the steering wheel.

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
I would totally agree with your comments. I just felt it would be great to have the automated driving time limit to at least 2 mins like other honda systems. Do you any reason for these differences in timelimit across automakers ?
Does that have to do with the confidence on their systems ?