Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Vibration

A.Ruiz

Anyone else feel a vibration at around 70mph?
Dealer balanced the tires Saturday but that didn’t help. I just dropped it off now at the dealer so they can try to figure out what’s causing it.
I have a SX AWD

I drive 65-70mph everyday and its really smooth at that speed. Please keep us posted on the issue.

No vibration problems here either. Maybe a brakes issue?

OP
A.Ruiz

A.Ruiz

Thread Starter #4
I went to the dealer and took the Tec for a ride, and exactly at 70mph you can hear and feel the vibration. He definitely was able to hear it. Also pointed out that below 65 and above 75, nothing. So they are putting me In a rental so they can try to figure out what’s causing it. I will keep you all updated as soon as I know anything. 🤞🏽

OP
A.Ruiz

A.Ruiz

Thread Starter #5
Got my Telluride back on Monday. They have not resolved the issue. They gave me a Case # and said KIA is aware of the issue and will let me know when they have a fix for it. That doesn’t tell me much.

Got my Telluride back on Monday. They have not resolved the issue. They gave me a Case # and said KIA is aware of the issue and will let me know when they have a fix for it. That doesn’t tell me much.
Thanks for the update. Did they tell you what they think it might be?

OP
A.Ruiz

A.Ruiz

Thread Starter #7
No, but on Tellurideforum.org there are at least 5 others with the same issue. Someone posted today that at the dealer he took his in to get looked at they received some New Tellurides in an they all had the same issue. He was told that KIA engineers are now going to be looking into it. 🤞🏼

I have the drivetrain vibration as well, to me feels like a driveshaft out of balance

Wow - sorry to hear you are having issues. Hopefully once they figure it out it will be a quick and simple fix.

Any update on this issue?

I noticed that my new Telluride SXP with tow package with just over 170 miles on it with a Build date of 3 June 19 is having the same vibration/pulsations as other describe which start around 65 mph but seen to diminish or go away about 75 mph. The worse being right at 70 mph. I feel vibration in gas pedal, seat and floor board. I don’t hear anything. I don’t think it it a tire balance problem. While I was at the dealer getting the whistle noise fixed on the test drive with Service Manager to ensure whistle noise was gone I mentioned the vibration. He stated he could feel it in the floor board and thought it was drive train related. Dropped my Telluride SXP at dealer Tuesday for vibration issue and let dealer know that several dealers of members on the forum had diagnosed issue to rear propeller shaft. Just got a call, they confirmed that my vibration was coming from rear propeller shaft (Tech had removed - vibration/noise went away). Dealer indicated guidance from Techline was to send shaft out to a specialized shop to balance the shaft. They were working to get that done, but might be Monday before they could work out locating shop and the logistics/paperwork to get it done.

OP
A.Ruiz

A.Ruiz

Thread Starter #12
Mine just went in today. Let’s see what happens this time. I made them aware of the others that have tha same issue. All have had their tires re balanced now some are getting their driveshaft balanced or changed and some were told they need a new transfer case. 🤦‍♂️ I’ll let you know what they find with mine. I know at this point I have the option of the Lemon Law, I would really like them to resolve the issue. Both my wife and I really love everything else about this vehicle. Hopefully they can figure it out.

OP
A.Ruiz

A.Ruiz

Thread Starter #13
Update...
They contacted KIA and passed on all the information I gave them on others having the same issue. KIA is sending Engineers and Mechanics to look at my vehicle on Friday.

Like I said a while back when I was having assembly issues, no one believed me, some accused me of fake news.. Now the table has changed, I think it's a piece of junk...was hoping to keep it for a while, but just don't trust the quality. I will lose a lot of money on a trade, but I'd rather have the peace of mind.

Update...
They contacted KIA and passed on all the information I gave them on others having the same issue. KIA is sending Engineers and Mechanics to look at my vehicle on Friday.
Have those engineers show you were to hook up the tow truck hook as there is no tow hooks in the front or rear, this an issue that was brought to my attention by a very reputable towing company. Please share the results as no one seems to address this problem including Kia if in need of a tow.Thanks!

car has been at dealer for three days , today they told me that one of the tires has excessive road force, basically tire is out of round but in balance, kia is going to send dealer a new tire, i have the 20" michelins

OP
A.Ruiz

A.Ruiz

Thread Starter #17
UPDATE...
I was told that they replaced the Rear Differential and installed the New Driveshaft. I was cautiously optimistic when I picked it up but After a 30 mile test drive at highway speeds up to 85 and mostly between 65 & 75, absolutely no vibration. Wifie is very happy to have her Telly back.

UPDATE...
I was told that they replaced the Rear Differential and installed the New Driveshaft. I was cautiously optimistic when I picked it up but After a 30 mile test drive at highway speeds up to 85 and mostly between 65 & 75, absolutely no vibration. Wifie is very happy to have her Telly back.
That's great news.

Issues like this (on some vehicles) are why I'm waiting until Spring 2020 to purchase.

Should be enough time for Kia to develop fixes for 1st year woes.

Anyone else feel a vibration at around 70mph?
Dealer balanced the tires Saturday but that didn’t help. I just dropped it off now at the dealer so they can try to figure out what’s causing it.
I have a SX AWD
Yes I have Sx AWD as well, i feel the vibration at around 65-80 mph with a humming sound that can be heard from the interior, we have 13000 miles on it now and it seems tobe getting louder as the miles pile up! Have it at the dealer now but ofcourse they can’t Duplicate the problem.