Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Wait Times

Sharkbait

Anyone had any luck with shorter wait times from their dealers? Looking in the West. The dealer in Utah gave us a 6-10 month wait time, but I have read about others getting an order sooner.

Gsquared

So we ordered my wife's Telluride about mid March 2021 of from Jerry Seiner Kia of Salt lake was quoted a similar wait time of 6-8 months. I thought there was no way it would take that long. Well about 8 months later on November 10th she got a call from our Salesman that her Telluride is scheduled to be delivered December 4th but they have been coming in about a week earlier then scheduled deliver date. We are hoping to she hers around Thanks giving

OP
S

Sharkbait

Thread Starter #3
G
So we ordered my wife's Telluride about mid March 2021 of from Jerry Seiner Kia of Salt lake was quoted a similar wait time of 6-8 months. I thought there was no way it would take that long. Well about 8 months later on November 10th she got a call from our Salesman that her Telluride is scheduled to be delivered December 4th but they have been coming in about a week earlier then scheduled deliver date. We are hoping to she hers around Thanks giving
That’s where we ordered from as well. Hope you gets yours before Thanksgiving too!

I am in the DFW area and I ordered ours just over a week ago. I was told a 4-6 month wait.

mvcap

I ordered 2nd week of July (Huffines Corinth, TX) with a 3-5mo estimate. ETA now Jan 29.

Excruciating

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

mvcap

October KFOS picked up (~19th)

October KFOS picked up (~19th)

How long after KIA picked up your order did you receive your vin? We ordered an SXP on Aug 24 and got an email on Nov 17th saying that they had finally picked up our order and should arrive by mid January. Haven’t received a VIN or anything yet.

mvcap

Still no VIN yet. ETA comes first (was Dec 19 then changed to Jan 29) and supposedly VIN will come a few weeks prior to delivery

Still no VIN yet. ETA comes first (was Dec 19 then changed to Jan 29) and supposedly VIN will come a few weeks prior to delivery

I ordered ours from the same dealer. I hope you get yours soon.

Anyone had any luck with shorter wait times from their dealers? Looking in the West. The dealer in Utah gave us a 6-10 month wait time, but I have read about others getting an order sooner.
Sat. Dec 18th "Craig" of Hart Kia in Salem, Va gave us a quote of 6-8 months, but they did agree to sell the 22 SX/NF/Prestige for msrp. That is 100% the only thing keeping us from committing, we are even considering buying a new K5 Gtline awd they have on the lot while we wait. Crazy..

Sat. Dec 18th "Craig" of Hart Kia in Salem, Va gave us a quote of 6-8 months, but they did agree to sell the 22 SX/NF/Prestige for msrp. That is 100% the only thing keeping us from committing, we are even considering buying a new K5 Gtline awd they have on the lot while we wait. Crazy..
You may end up being able to sell that K5 for more than you bought for in few months.

I know many of us on the waiting list have extended delivery estimates. I'm guessing I will end up with a 2023. I was pre-warned that the build we ordered might come with accessories we didn't order. But, that trim level, color, and tow package will be the same. If they switch over to 2023, then, I will still get the Costco pricing (Kia of Muncie) but at the 2023 price.

I'm past 4 mos since I ordered my telluride. I was told that 6 mos was likely the worst case scenario. Yesterday I checked-in with my dealer and was told that the current production rate could mean that it would take a full 9 mos to fulfill my order. Anyone else hearing their delivery estimates hitting close to 9 mos??

In 3 days, I will be at 3 months into 6-8 month wait. That was the time frame I was given in Dec. So my wait may be longer now. Who knows...