Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

'24 Telluride Paint Quality Issues

NMA

Does anyone own a midnight lake blue telluride and having paint quality issues? Mine has just over 1k miles and I drive it only on paved, local streets. Every time I hand wash it, I'm finding scratches, some superficial and others deeper, seemingly caused by everyday road driving. I've never seen this before on any other vehicle I've owned and those vehicles definitely were driven in much harsher conditions. I don't know if the paint color itself is defective or the top coat is defective but between this and other mechanical issues I've already had with this car over the last 3 1/2 months, I'm about ready to get rid of it. Not happy at all with the quality and shortcuts taken to build this vehicle. Curious if anyone else is having issues with this color vehicle. I understand it's a new color for 2024.

OP
N

NMA

Thread Starter #3
I use Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo with a thick car washing mitt. I do not towel dry. It's the same way I wash my Q5 and have for years. The scratches are definitely not from car washing - I am finding them as I wash the car and look closely at it. It's from everyday road driving that shouldn't be scratching up the car the way it is. There's a paint protection warranty on the car so I'll be contacting the dealership on Monday.

IDGuy

I have midnight lake blue Telluride 4,000 miles on it. Just took a long road trip and noticed the front section of the car looks horrible. Not my first new car- I couldn't believe the damage to the paint. It was fairly poor winter driving conditions and I passed a few semis and had some debris thrown at me but still I was surprised as how bad it looks. I also have pitting on my windshield. I don't typically follow closely. Additionally the bottom part of the front bumper- the grey area- the paint is peeling off.

Brand new owner of the brand and model. '24 SXP with Glacial White. I was doing some detail on the vehicle this week and noticed a couple of paint flaws, where the paint job was contaminated by foreign objects during the spraying process. It was a subtle reminder that this IS a mainstream brand and not a luxury car. Not a big deal. I guess nothing is perfect, especially with Kia increasing production in their GA plant.

IDGuy

Yah, I can understand its not a luxury vehicle however, I've owned several other vehicles- purchased from new and I'm shocked at how this paint is holding up. I just had protective film applied to the front bumper, hood and mirrors as well as a ceramic coating applied to the rest of the paint. I'm probably going t file a warranty claim with the dealer on the peeling from bumper as there's no way a little road debris should cause that to happen.