Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Battery Drain Issue

Azul783

My Kia Telluride is only 2 months old and battery keeps draining overnight. The Kia service center has no clue what's causing the drain. It's been in for service for over one week and seems to be a major electrical problem. Has anyone else had this issue? Maybe I have a lemon?

My Kia Telluride is only 2 months old and battery keeps draining overnight. The Kia service center has no clue what's causing the drain. It's been in for service for over one week and seems to be a major electrical problem. Has anyone else had this issue? Maybe I have a lemon?
Your KT shouldn't drain the battery overnight. I've had mine over a week sitting in the garage and still have not had any problems with battery drain. Have the dealer replace the battery under warranty. Seems like bad batteries issues are more frequent then not. Search this and other Telluride forums.

ErinMarie

Have had same issues with battery and immobilizer notifications! It dies while driving and can only use brakes. Happened when I drove off lot 06/05/20 five times! Had it towed to dealer took them forever to figure out the problem. It was so called fixed and it died on me twice today while driving. I’m reporting it to the manufacturer and believe I have a lemon based on Iowa Lemon Laws. It’s not safe. I have two young kids in car seats. Sorry you all have had issues with this #1 consumer reports recommended SUV! Be safe!!

Your KT shouldn't drain the battery overnight. I've had mine over a week sitting in the garage and still have not had any problems with battery drain. Have the dealer replace the battery under warranty. Seems like bad batteries issues are more frequent then not. Search this and other Telluride forums.

My Telluride now has had the battery replaced and is, for the third time, sitting at the dealership hoping to resolve the problem. I asked that they do a "Parasitic Draw Test" recommended by my son who is a mechanic. Says all computers shut down eventually when car is off. This will show any that do not. We will see!

Also, the error message I get when I try to start when it's dead is "Doesn't Recognize Key"??? Even changed key battery!

My Telluride now has had the battery replaced and is, for the third time, sitting at the dealership hoping to resolve the problem. I asked that they do a "Parasitic Draw Test" recommended by my son who is a mechanic. Says all computers shut down eventually when car is off. This will show any that do not. We will see!

Also, the error message I get when I try to start when it's dead is "Doesn't Recognize Key"??? Even changed key battery!
The owners manual does say do not leave phone charger plugged in when not in use" Could that really drain a battery? Anyhow, we now unplug it, and it still dies!

I had the same a

I had the SAME Problem. My car died while I was driving! Everything completely shut off while I just got off the highway onto a 6 lane busy road and was waiting at a red light. The hazards would not even work. There was no warning and I was still in drive. My car was at the dealer just 2 months earlier and they checked everything. My battery was fine then. Dealer said the battery just went and shut everything off. "Doesn't recognize key" flashed on, as well as some other warning about a "rear occupant alert disabled..." We are so lucky no one ran into us since it was getting dark and we could not use the hazards. Nothing worked! This is very dangerous. How can a car shut off while in Drive? How can the hazards not work at all? Please tell me if they found the problem. This can't be normal. It is very dangerous! We replaced the batter but I am very worried about this happening again.

Has anyone figured this out. 2020 Telluride battery drains after sitting for two days. On its 4th battery. Dealership has done a parasitic draw test and it checks good. They confirmed problem with a brand new battery.

Kia customer care has been awful. The dealership has been decent. At least the second one I took my car to. The first one kept blaming the battery and I had to fight to get the battery replaced under warranty.

Also, the error message I get when I try to start when it's dead is "Doesn't Recognize Key"??? Even changed key battery![/QUOTE

I had this happen and replaced battery twice in less than two years. The car became so unreliable - I gave up my Telluride. Kia will take NO responsibility!!!

dg18

I am having the same issue. Mine is only 1 1/2 months old. It will randomly be dead and then the next day it will start like nothing happened. I have an appointment to find out what is going on.