Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

CONSISTENT TROUBLE WITH REAR CLIMATE CONTROLS

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #21
The one labelled RR SEAT (LH left hand and RH right hand). I would just pull them personally but looks like you might lose some other back seat functionality too if both pulled. Sounds annoying what is happening to you.
  • RR SEAT (LH) 25 A 2ND Air Ventilation Seat Control Module
  • LH, 2ND Seat Warmer Control, Module LH, 2ND Seat LH Reclining Folding Actuator
Thank you for your reply and information on how to temporarily disable the rear climate control module. I'll definitely try it, if I don't hear from KIA in the near future.

KiaFan

Staff Member
Sorry you’re going through this but keep us posted Joe.

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #23
OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #25
Did you get a chance to test out the remote start?
I had some trouble getting past the initial setup with the app, but expect to try it again later today.

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #26
New update. For the half dozen new Telluride owners that I've heard from on this forum, and that are currently experiencing the same problem I am, I would like you to know that I have finally heard from KIA's Consumer Assistance Center. There's been several phone calls and emails exchanged, and I'm somewhat optimistic that they'll soon have at least an awareness that we have a problem. I emphasized to them, I just wanted to give them a "heads up" that something is wrong in this area of the vehicle and needs their attention. I promise to keep everyone updated here, as soon as I get more information and instruction from them. Hopefully, at some point in the future our irksome rear climate controls will stay turned off under our control, once and for all. :)

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #27
Did you email or call Kia Customer Support? I would have this issue escalated to management
Thank you for your reply. Yes, and after two weeks I've finally heard from them.

Pop

New update. For the half dozen new Telluride owners that I've heard from on this forum, and that are currently experiencing the same problem I am, I would like you to know that I have finally heard from KIA's Consumer Assistance Center. There's been several phone calls and emails exchanged, and I'm somewhat optimistic that they'll soon have at least an awareness that we have a problem. I emphasized to them, I just wanted to give them a "heads up" that something is wrong in this area of the vehicle and needs their attention. I promise to keep everyone updated here, as soon as I get more information and instruction from them. Hopefully, at some point in the future our irksome rear climate controls will stay turned off under our control, once and for all. :)
Did they provide any details on what they suspect is the issue?

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #29
No they did not. The two people I spoke with (one on the phone, the other by email) just acknowledged my inquiry, but never confirmed it as an actual problem. They actually stated my problem as a question. Ridiculous! I think they're still in denial, that something is actually wrong with their new, flagship SUV. Eventually they will be forced to, as more new Telluride owners are now experiencing the same thing I am. To be continued...……...

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #31
@Joe anymore updates on this?
Thank you for asking about this again. Unfortunately, no. My latest attempt to get some worthwhile information about the problem (I've given up on an actual repair any time soon) was made a third time on May 23rd, to the dealership where I bought it.That doesn't even count my six previous attempts since March 15th to resolve this. The woman I previously spoke to assured me they would send the problem to KIA, has since left the dealership. Once again, I'm back to square one. Once again, I spoke to someone there that assured me it would get sent up the KIA chain of command for attention. Once again, I'm waiting and waiting and waiting. Once again, I continue to hear from more Telluride owners with the same problem. Once again, KIA doesn't appear to take me (or all the other owners) seriously. Once again, I'm discouraged, disappointed, but still love this vehicle. Patience is a virtue, but they're really testing my limits of it, with their lack of returned communications, or genuine customer concern. I just love seeing this dumb view on my monitor every time I start the vehicle in the morning. :-(

Attachments

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #32
No they did not. The two people I spoke with (one on the phone, the other by email) just acknowledged my inquiry, but never confirmed it as an actual problem. They actually stated my problem as a question. Ridiculous! I think they're still in denial, that something is actually wrong with their new, flagship SUV. Eventually they will be forced to, as more new Telluride owners are now experiencing the same thing I am. To be continued...……...
Pop. I apologize for not replying to your question sooner. I missed seeing it on the forum thread. No. Unfortunately, I continue to hit a stone wall with KIA's consumer assistance and the dealership. No one seems to take what I'm saying seriously enough to even get back to me (see my latest update below). I continue to hold out hope for something, anything that looks like they're at least aware of it. It's a shame, because there are now almost a dozen Telluride owners with the same exact problem. All I can do is continue to hope I hear from someone out there, someday.

Thank you for asking about this again. Unfortunately, no. My latest attempt to get some worthwhile information about the problem (I've given up on an actual repair any time soon) was made a third time on May 23rd, to the dealership where I bought it.That doesn't even count my six previous attempts since March 15th to resolve this. The woman I previously spoke to assured me they would send the problem to KIA, has since left the dealership. Once again, I'm back to square one. Once again, I spoke to someone there that assured me it would get sent up the KIA chain of command for attention. Once again, I'm waiting and waiting and waiting. Once again, I continue to hear from more Telluride owners with the same problem. Once again, KIA doesn't appear to take me (or all the other owners) seriously. Once again, I'm discouraged, disappointed, but still love this vehicle. Patience is a virtue, but they're really testing my limits of it, with their lack of returned communications, or genuine customer concern. I just love seeing this dumb view on my monitor every time I start the vehicle in the morning. :-(
This is really disappointing and disheartening, as a first time Kia buyer my biggest concern is customer service. After reading some of the complaints here I'm not sure if I would buy another one.

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #34
This is really disappointing and disheartening, as a first time Kia buyer my biggest concern is customer service. After reading some of the complaints here I'm not sure if I would buy another one.
The cars and SUVs they manufacture are very well made (as confirmed by Consumers Reports annual April auto edition). All interactions (with the exception of this one) with my KIA dealership have been excellent. This is definitely an anomaly in my long history of buying their vehicles. Any problems I have had in my previous four vehicles have been taken care of quickly and completely. I fully expect that this one will be too, after they finally figure out what is wrong. It's a small problem, compared to the larger ones out there, that all car manufacturers have to deal with. As a new KIA owner, hang in there, as they make excellent, reasonably priced vehicles. Aside from my harping on this, you made a very good choice. :)

easyman

i have the same issue, and the dealer has solutions, please keep us posted ...

OP
Joe

Joe

Thread Starter #36
My latest email sent to Mariella at KIA Consumer Assistance ten days ago. As of today, not even the decency of a reply. Their Consumer Affairs department sucks!

Mariella,

The last email I received from you concerning my rear climate control problem was on 04/15/2019. My last attempt for a repair at the dealership where I purchased the vehicle was on 06/18/2019. It's a 100 mile roundtrip for me to go to that dealership. Basically, they told me it's a software problem, and hopefully a "patch" will come out at some point in the future. As you can see, I've tried to be as patient as I can about this electrical/software repair problem, as it's now 11/04/2019. Unfortunately, since I've first communicated with you on 04/02/2019, and my initial contact with KIA Consumer Assistance Center on 03/15/2019 (just three days after I purchased the vehicle) the electrical/software problem has gotten exponentially worse. What was happening once, or twice a day, is now happening almost every time I start the vehicle. This thing that is happening is more than just a little annoying, and with the upcoming winter in upstate New York, I don't want to have to deal with this. At this point I'm pleading with you for any help, assistance, or just plain information as to what is going on. Please don't send me back to the dealership again, as they have no idea how to solve this, and refer me back to you for any possible solution. There are now many new Telluride owners on the Telluride Forum experiencing this same problem. Surely your technical solutions department has at lease a heads up on this by now. All I'm asking from you is for some information that you are aware of and at least searching for some kind of future solution on this persistent problem. Please give me at least something, anything for a sliver of hope that this can be repaired before my warranty expires. Thank you again for your anticipated assistance with this. Regards. Joe

Thanks for updating this thread. Please continue to keep us posted when they reply.

ERNYSAN

Staff Member
After almost 7 months of owning my Telluride now I have the Habit to Turn OFF the rear climate due the same issue posted here Will Kia fix this with a software update or will have to explain that to the next buyer of my Telluride (in 20 years)

Rcrgrl

I am watching this thread, I just bought a salvaged Telluride 2020 s AWD. I am having the same problem. I have also tried to figure out the climate control but I must not have that as an option in the app. I see everyone says it’s in there but I do not see how to adjust climate control when I remote start it and it never gets warm due to the cold air blowing in the back