Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

dash and cruse shutting off while driving

jerry cole

Bought our Telluride on 4/9/19 and had for a week. Went on a 500 mile trip. 50 miles into the trip at 60MPH on the freeway with traffic the entire dash went dead. No tach, speed, digital speed with other functions and all the warning lights came on. Had no indications that we had turn signals or brake lights. This lasted for about 10 min then all worked like nothing happened. Called dealer to make an appointment on 4/25/19 when we got back in town. This happened 8 - 10 more times during the trip. One of these times it happened in a driveway. found the turn signals and brake lights did work but had no sound or visual indication on dash. The scariest problem (on the way back to town) was when the cruse throttle slammed on the brakes with no car in the on coming lane and a car parked in front of us in a driveway not in the shoulder. we were doing 50 mph and the car behind of us almost hit us. We didn't use the cruse after that. Took to dealer on 4/25/19 and they called me the next day that the factory is going to look at the car on 5/15/19. Talked to KIA customer relations on 4/29 and said they would contact me in 2-3 days. I called back on 5/3 after not receiving any calls. They still have not assigned a team to my case. Very disappointed with KIA and don't know if i can trust the car on trips in future.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
That is just insane... Hopefully they get back to you soon to get this issue resolved.

Thanks for sharing, its really frustrating to hear stories like this and Kia doing nothing about it. Are they waiting for someone to be injured before they take these complaints seriously.

gwyn

Could be a loose or broken harness. With any first model runs there are going to be problems like this. PS. Don't drive if your dash board cuts down. Pull over and get a tow.