Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Dawning Red Telli

cecilt

Here's what the new 2023 Dawning Red looks like. We picked her up yesterday and are loving our new Telli SX-P AWD X-Line! The color was a bit darker than expected, but we love it!
Like it. We want to pull the trigger on this color with gray interior. If you have seen the Jeep Grand Cherokee in Velvet Pearl how would you compare the Dawning Red to that color? I prefer a darker red and your comment about it being darker than expected is encouraging. tks

NICE, ordered the same Telli to the T!

We're thinking about blacking out the bumpers, side trim and grill trim, maybe the text and emblem. I was nervous about the trim not being dark (or nightfall) enough, going to be a tough choice. I love how the sun pops the depth of the red paint. Much better than the flat colors IMO. Nice pickup!

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
NICE, ordered the same Telli to the T!

We're thinking about blacking out the bumpers, side trim and grill trim, maybe the text and emblem. I was nervous about the trim not being dark (or nightfall) enough, going to be a tough choice. I love how the sun pops the depth of the red paint. Much better than the flat colors IMO. Nice pickup!
The color continues to grow on us more and more and it really does stand out when clean and in the sun!

cecilt

The color continues to grow on us more and more and it really does stand out when clean and in the sun!
Yea, we got our Dawning Red/Gray Interior SX-P just over 2 weeks ago. When I showed up at the dealer who was 5 hours away I was 50/50 on buying it as it was the first time I had seen the actual color. The gray interior was perfect. Very light gray and classy looking. The day was overcast and this color does not pop. Seemed to have brown undertones to me at least. This is my wifes SUV so after sending multiple photos she said she liked it and I bought it and drove it home.

In the sun the color does pop. I like it more than I did on day 1 for sure but if it was going to be my SUV I would have gone white. Shows less dust and just looks good no matter the outside conditions.

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Yea, we got our Dawning Red/Gray Interior SX-P just over 2 weeks ago. When I showed up at the dealer who was 5 hours away I was 50/50 on buying it as it was the first time I had seen the actual color. The gray interior was perfect. Very light gray and classy looking. The day was overcast and this color does not pop. Seemed to have brown undertones to me at least. This is my wifes SUV so after sending multiple photos she said she liked it and I bought it and drove it home.

In the sun the color does pop. I like it more than I did on day 1 for sure but if it was going to be my SUV I would have gone white. Shows less dust and just looks good no matter the outside conditions.
Ours is for my wife's driver, but shes like me, expected more red. We're considering getting it wrapped, but haven't decided completely. Maybe in the spring when we have more sunshine, we'll love it more... but a nice bright red would be more like us.

cecilt

Ours is for my wife's driver, but shes like me, expected more red. We're considering getting it wrapped, but haven't decided completely. Maybe in the spring when we have more sunshine, we'll love it more... but a nice bright red would be more like us.
I actually like it more and more. I would sell it now if I didn't like it. Wrapping will cost you $3k-$5k. Mine came ceramic coated with dealer applied Super PolySteel which is probably snake oil but after 2 washings with ceramic rinseless car wash the color is really starting to pop. We are not fans of gray/silver/green cars so outside of white there were no good options. The new blue is hideious and glad this was not the color the wife wanted even though she likes blue. Saw a video of it and said not thanks. Looked like crap in person for sure.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
I actually like it more and more. I would sell it now if I didn't like it. Wrapping will cost you $3k-$5k. Mine came ceramic coated with dealer applied Super PolySteel which is probably snake oil but after 2 washings with ceramic rinseless car wash the color is really starting to pop. We are not fans of gray/silver/green cars so outside of white there were no good options. The new blue is hideious and glad this was not the color the wife wanted even though she likes blue. Saw a video of it and said not thanks. Looked like crap in person for sure.
After talking yesterday, I think we're where you're at too... just need more sunshine to fully appreciate the color. But loving the purchase nonetheless.