Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Headlight LED Upgrade

Sorry - offline for a bit. The HIDs are great. No problems and like my other cars with factory HIDs, the light output is white and beautiful!
Amazingly I have no photos from behind the steering wheel. I was so happy at how well they worked I only took the direct-on photos (to look at color). I'll take some next time I'm out at night. The high beams light up the next county!
PS: I have not been "flashed" even a single time...
Thanks for the update, they look great.

Bhalvey01

The new ones the shop gave me. Had to modify the back cover as these suckers run hot started to melt the retainer for the desecant so I removed the retainer as you can see in the pictures. Test run tonight when it gets dark.
I have a question. When I popped off my dust cover there is a white bag behind the retainer clip. Do you have any idea what the bag is for? It looked like a bag of silica gel pellets or something. Should I have removed this?

I have a question. When I popped off my dust cover there is a white bag behind the retainer clip. Do you have any idea what the bag is for? It looked like a bag of silica gel pellets or something. Should I have removed this?
The bag is designed to absorb moisture.
71514382_10157727373926462_2324946980796628992_n.jpg

I'm not a fan of LED headlights yet. So I installed a DDM Tuning xenon HID kit. Here’s what I used: DDM Tuning Plus 35W Premium... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AJ11WFG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I attached some headlight shots plus a look under the hood. Kit took about an hour to install (including a 5-minute call with tech support).
If you want to see the brightness difference, look up HID installation or HID vs halogen headlight videos on YouTube.
Pure white and sooooooo much better illumination.
Pardon the pun, but there is a night and day difference from the HORRIBLE halogens...
PS: I had to contact DDM Tuning @ddmtuning tech support during the installation. I sent a webform Q and they CALLED ME back in under 20 minutes. We solved the problem in 5 minutes. INCREDIBLE customer service!!
Are you still enjoying your HID's? We just purchased a S model recently and were hoping to replace the stock bulbs asap.

It's a shame that they didn't offer the upgraded lights as an option on all trim levels, and sadly we couldn't justify paying about $12k more to upgrade to an SX given our vehicle needs.

Had no need to drive to the nearest pitch black area.

The house in front of me is 12 houses away. With my naked eye I can see the beam on the house. The camera (iphone xs max) kind of catches it.

From my point of view my naked eye doesn't see any dark spots, but the camera catches something;
View attachment 646

Moving my camera forward and facing down, the camera sees more of the dark spot;
View attachment 647

Color matches halos;
View attachment 648
Hi there! I saw your review on Amazon for these also and just ordered a set for my Telluride. Are you still happy with them? Have you had any issues?

RoadToy

Are you still enjoying your HID's? We just purchased a S model recently and were hoping to replace the stock bulbs asap.

It's a shame that they didn't offer the upgraded lights as an option on all trim levels, and sadly we couldn't justify paying about $12k more to upgrade to an SX given our vehicle needs.
totally awesome. No problems at all and coverage like my Nissan and Toyota OEM HIDs

RMartini

I'm not a fan of LED headlights yet. So I installed a DDM Tuning xenon HID kit. Here’s what I used: DDM Tuning Plus 35W Premium... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AJ11WFG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I attached some headlight shots plus a look under the hood. Kit took about an hour to install (including a 5-minute call with tech support).
If you want to see the brightness difference, look up HID installation or HID vs halogen headlight videos on YouTube.
Pure white and sooooooo much better illumination.
Pardon the pun, but there is a night and day difference from the HORRIBLE halogens...
PS: I had to contact DDM Tuning @ddmtuning tech support during the installation. I sent a webform Q and they CALLED ME back in under 20 minutes. We solved the problem in 5 minutes. INCREDIBLE customer service!!
Hi All! First off, thank you everyone who has contributed here and thank you @RoadToy for finding what appears to be a relativly inexpensive solve. Just purchased an S and love it so far. Have been reading up on this thread and think I'm going to order these today. As far as installation goes, what was the issue that was solved when DDM Tuning called? Any suggestion for installation? I'm fairly handy, but the car is only a few weeks old and I don't want to screw it up. HA!

The only thing that my EX was missing were LED headlights. Today, I rectified this issue with an upgrade. My local LED lighting shop was able to install a setup that fits perfectly in the small cavity where the original incandescent sits. I will take some night shots later. The shop is also able to ship these bulbs as well if members are interested.
Was wondering what cost of the bulbs were

Now compare beam pattern to stock like I did. You see that large dark spot on the bottom of the beam? Do you have some night shots of the new build you tried. When I had my last set I had a beam pattern just like yours and had some dark spots in front of my car.
Rich,
Following your thread, Im not sure have you finally got a set of LEDs that your happy with from twelvolt? If so what was the final set called? Ive looked at their site and the ones they are showing list for $129, also does everything fit inside of the socket behind the caps? I'm still debating between LED vs. HID, numerous articles say LED is better, but most of the replies seem to favor the HIDs specifically the ddm tuning brand.

Before LED bulb install

After LED bulb install

Also swapped out the license plate bulbs for LED’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BMoney717

Are these proving to be noticeably brighter for both high/low beams? Is the color match really good with the led daytime running lights?
Yes they are tad brighter and definitely has a better beam on low when comparing to the stock halogen bulbs. Color match to the daytime running lights are almost a perfect match. I’m very happy with them.

BMoney717

Yes they are tad brighter and definitely has a better beam on low when comparing to the stock halogen bulbs. Color match to the daytime running lights are almost a perfect match. I’m very happy with them.

Awesome, thank you for the feedback, we've just ordered the full kit with headlights, license plate lights, backup lights, and turn signals.

Awesome, thank you for the feedback, we've just ordered the full kit with headlights, license plate lights, backup lights, and turn signals.
Your welcome. I thought about ordering the whole kit but, I was unsure about popping off trunk panels.