Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Headlight LED Upgrade

First off, big thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread.

Quick question: Can you post some photos on where you mounted the drivers? Doesn't seem like there's much room down there. TIA

These are almost twice the brightness of the original led bulbs from twelvolt and are brighter than the m2 bulbs. These bulbs are also 1/3 the price...

Just drove around in almost pure darkness and the lighting is great. No dark spots and the distance is pretty good.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N4K1L7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JjrZCb5F6ZZFH

View attachment 641

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Had no need to drive to the nearest pitch black area.

The house in front of me is 12 houses away. With my naked eye I can see the beam on the house. The camera (iphone xs max) kind of catches it.

From my point of view my naked eye doesn't see any dark spots, but the camera catches something;
058C3160-D3BC-49E7-91E8-91F7C81244BD.jpeg

Moving my camera forward and facing down, the camera sees more of the dark spot;
8952E087-A1C9-4256-B038-B5ADF659178D.jpeg

Color matches halos;
AA531C9A-67D9-4595-987E-ECC82F64DC54.jpeg

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
First off, big thanks to everyone that has contributed to this thread.

Quick question: Can you post some photos on where you mounted the drivers? Doesn't seem like there's much room down there. TIA
Shoved it in the housing under the bulb.

Looks like from the driver's perspective the hood obscures most of the dark spots.

Had no need to drive to the nearest pitch black area.

The house in front of me is 12 houses away. With my naked eye I can see the beam on the house. The camera (iphone xs max) kind of catches it.

From my point of view my naked eye doesn't see any dark spots, but the camera catches something;
View attachment 646

Moving my camera forward and facing down, the camera sees more of the dark spot;
View attachment 647

Color matches halos;
View attachment 648

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Looks like from the driver's perspective the hood obscures most of the dark spots.
That's pretty much what I said. From my POV my naked eye doesn't see the dark spot that the hood obscures. However, my phone's camera at the same POV was able to see the dark spot.

That's pretty much what I said. From my POV my naked eye doesn't see the dark spot that the hood obscures. However, my phone's camera at the same POV was able to see the dark spot.
You definitely see the dark areas when the camera is pointed down, but that's not where it matters lol. Adding a set of foglights will remedy that.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
You definitely see the dark areas when the camera is pointed down, but that's not where it matters lol. Adding a set of foglights will remedy that.
Agreed. Waiting on a production set of brush guards or off-road bumpers to mount them on :)

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Do you notice these bulbs bothering oncoming traffic? Has anyone flashed you?
You don't get oncoming traffic issues with projector style headlights as they have a beam cutoff.

You don't get oncoming traffic issues with projector style headlights as they have a beam cutoff.
Just want to see how you like the new headlights after having them awhile - We just got ours about 10 days ago and I'm getting ready to place an order for the ones you recommended (these are the ones right??) so my husband can replace the stock ones. Also, just to confirm you don't need the housing unit and the wires can just be "tucked in"?? Thanks in advance!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N4K1L7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JjrZCb5F6ZZFH?th=1

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Just want to see how you like the new headlights after having them awhile - We just got ours about 10 days ago and I'm getting ready to place an order for the ones you recommended (these are the ones right??) so my husband can replace the stock ones. Also, just to confirm you don't need the housing unit and the wires can just be "tucked in"?? Thanks in advance!!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07N4K1L7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_JjrZCb5F6ZZFH?th=1
I liked them, but they still weren’t bright enough for what I’m use to. I’ve been spoiled with projector hid headlights for years. I only went this route because I didn’t want to put a hole in my headlight cap.

I ended up taking the bullet and switching to an HID setup. Well worth putting a hole in your headlight cap.

Yes, those are the bulbs I recommend. They are small enough to have everything tucked inside the headlight housing.

To everyone that upgraded to LEDs, how are those lights holding up? Any complaints so far?

RoadToy

I'm not a fan of LED headlights yet. So I installed a DDM Tuning xenon HID kit. Here’s what I used: DDM Tuning Plus 35W Premium... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AJ11WFG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I attached some headlight shots plus a look under the hood. Kit took about an hour to install (including a 5-minute call with tech support).
If you want to see the brightness difference, look up HID installation or HID vs halogen headlight videos on YouTube.
Pure white and sooooooo much better illumination.
Pardon the pun, but there is a night and day difference from the HORRIBLE halogens...
PS: I had to contact DDM Tuning @ddmtuning tech support during the installation. I sent a webform Q and they CALLED ME back in under 20 minutes. We solved the problem in 5 minutes. INCREDIBLE customer service!!

Attachments

hslxsmd

I'm not a fan of LED headlights yet. So I installed a DDM Tuning xenon HID kit. Here’s what I used: DDM Tuning Plus 35W Premium... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AJ11WFG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I attached some headlight shots plus a look under the hood. Kit took about an hour to install (including a 5-minute call with tech support).
If you want to see the brightness difference, look up HID installation or HID vs halogen headlight videos on YouTube.
Pardon the pun, but there is a night and day difference from the HORRIBLE halogens...
PS: I had to contact DDM Tuning @ddmtuning tech support during the installation. I sent a webform Q and they CALLED ME back in under 20 minutes. We solved the problem in 5 minutes. INCREDIBLE customer service!!
Hey, how are the HIDs holding up? Any issues? Do you have any pics at night of how far the throw and the spread is? TIA

Very nice setup. I noticed you installed foglights too, can you post some info on where you got it from?

RoadToy

Hey, how are the HIDs holding up? Any issues? Do you have any pics at night of how far the throw and the spread is? TIA
Sorry - offline for a bit. The HIDs are great. No problems and like my other cars with factory HIDs, the light output is white and beautiful!
Amazingly I have no photos from behind the steering wheel. I was so happy at how well they worked I only took the direct-on photos (to look at color). I'll take some next time I'm out at night. The high beams light up the next county!
PS: I have not been "flashed" even a single time...

Attachments

RoadToy

Very nice setup. I noticed you installed foglights too, can you post some info on where you got it from?
Actually just an old set of LED running lights I had in the garage. Most likely purchased on Amazon a few years ago. I wanted to see how easy or difficult my future mounting of fog lights will be. These LEDs are not connected...