Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride Issues

Thanks for sharing, its really frustrating to hear stories like this and Kia doing nothing about it. Are they waiting for someone to be injured before they take these complaints seriously.
Bought our Telluride on 4/9/19 and had for a week. Went on a 500 mile trip. 50 miles into the trip at 60MPH on the freeway with traffic the entire dash went dead. No tach, speed, digital speed with other functions and all the warning lights came on. Had no indications that we had turn signals or brake lights. This lasted for about 10 min then all worked like nothing happened. Called dealer to make an appointment on 4/25/19 when we got back in town. This happened 8 - 10 more times during the trip. One of these times it happened in a driveway. found the turn signals and brake lights did work but had no sound or visual indication on dash. The scariest problem (on the way back to town) was when the cruse throttle slammed on the brakes with no car in the on coming lane and a car parked in front of us in a driveway not in the shoulder. we were doing 50 mph and the car behind of us almost hit us. We didn't use the cruse after that. Took to dealer on 4/25/19 and they called me the next day that the factory is going to look at the car on 5/15/19. Talked to KIA customer relations on 4/29 and said they would contact me in 2-3 days. I called back on 5/3 after not receiving any calls. They still have not assigned a team to my case. Very disappointed with KIA and don't know if i can trust the car on trips in future.

Update...To review, put the EX in the dealers shop April 15 (@ 250 miles)....Requires a new wiring harnesses to correct a short that's generating an FCA error message. KIA has still not shipped the harness to the dealer. Now approaching 30 days, not acceptable! Lets assume there are not spare wiring harnesses in parts stock....then get one from the factory stock in Georgia, don't wait for your harness supplier to make one. I assumed some risk of problems/issues when buying a 1st year vehicle, as we all did, but KIA is way to nonchalant about correcting said problems....Ill update when I have additional info.

30 days is unacceptable.
Update...To review, put the EX in the dealers shop April 15 (@ 250 miles)....Requires a new wiring harnesses to correct a short that's generating an FCA error message. KIA has still not shipped the harness to the dealer. Now approaching 30 days, not acceptable! Lets assume there are not spare wiring harnesses in parts stock....then get one from the factory stock in Georgia, don't wait for your harness supplier to make one. I assumed some risk of problems/issues when buying a 1st year vehicle, as we all did, but KIA is way to nonchalant about correcting said problems....Ill update when I have additional info.

DKiaGuy

Well to be honest, the Subura Ascent was destroying transmissions, dropping turbos, and dead batteries 2 months in.

8 pages of annoying but minor problems is pretty good.
Don’t think these problems are “minor” though. What is most unsettling is the fact corporate seems to be handling these issues as if there’s a language barrier. Just take a look at Joe’s epistle. That’s not a pleased owner and don’t think he would agree his issues are minor. I think the gravity only sets in when you run into an issue and then it becomes major.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you on this, I feel Kia has been handling these problems very poorly. As a customer I shouldn't have to describe the problem every time I call in, representative should be trained to take better notes. Secondly, making someone wait 30 days for electrical problems without following up is just simply poor customer relations. Heck even Ford does a better job with following-up.

Don’t think these problems are “minor” though. What is most unsettling is the fact corporate seems to be handling these issues as if there’s a language barrier. Just take a look at Joe’s epistle. That’s not a pleased owner and don’t think he would agree his issues are minor. I think the gravity only sets in when you run into an issue and then it becomes major.

LOL now I am waiting for mine to be built and hoping I don't have some of the issues I have seen in here. I am taking my son with me to do a check on the vehicle BEFORE I drive it off the lot. He is somewhat of a freak on spotting issues ... He has had show vehicles and being judged...those are issues he looks out for. I know we are in 7th Heaven when our cars come in but we should try to do a once over... I know it won't help if the issue is internal or electrical unless it shows up on day of pickup but..maybe some can be spotted if there are any. No...these aren't $100,000 vehicles but they represent a good chunk of change from our pockets anyway.

I do find it interesting that I knew people on the assembly lines at other car plants and all had "Check Systems" be it electrical or Hydrol... if it tested foul..a buzzer/light would go off and it was to be corrected. I also find it interesting...we pay this kind of money and there is still issues and recall on NEW...but... I have yet to find someone who spent a quarter million plus on a new home that was issue free. You would think BRAND NEW meant it was "perfect"... and in new cars... at least a decent LOANER until the issue was corrected. After all...the issue wasn't something YOU did. I would be PO'd if I had to leave my NEW vehicle in the dealer and be without wheels because of the Manufacturer's mistake. Oh well... will cross that bridge in a few weeks/months when mine finds it's way out of GA. to PA.

Having been in a few T-Ride forums... some have said the fluid levels were not up to spec... maybe we need reassurance all have been checked before driving them off the lot.
Thank you.

I would also suggest taking some thorough video too, sometimes you get home and find scratches what you missed at the dealer. This way you'll have some evidence.

LOL now I am waiting for mine to be built and hoping I don't have some of the issues I have seen in here. I am taking my son with me to do a check on the vehicle BEFORE I drive it off the lot. He is somewhat of a freak on spotting issues ... He has had show vehicles and being judged...those are issues he looks out for. I know we are in 7th Heaven when our cars come in but we should try to do a once over... I know it won't help if the issue is internal or electrical unless it shows up on day of pickup but..maybe some can be spotted if there are any. No...these aren't $100,000 vehicles but they represent a good chunk of change from our pockets anyway.

I do find it interesting that I knew people on the assembly lines at other car plants and all had "Check Systems" be it electrical or Hydrol... if it tested foul..a buzzer/light would go off and it was to be corrected. I also find it interesting...we pay this kind of money and there is still issues and recall on NEW...but... I have yet to find someone who spent a quarter million plus on a new home that was issue free. You would think BRAND NEW meant it was "perfect"... and in new cars... at least a decent LOANER until the issue was corrected. After all...the issue wasn't something YOU did. I would be PO'd if I had to leave my NEW vehicle in the dealer and be without wheels because of the Manufacturer's mistake. Oh well... will cross that bridge in a few weeks/months when mine finds it's way out of GA. to PA.

It seems as though they are fixing the issues at the factory as people are pointing them out. All of the recalls and service bulletins were all NA to my Telluride that I had built. Though it sucks to see the folks that originally point those problems out still having to wait to have them fixed.

Three days ago the battery in my Telluride died after only two weeks. Called the Kia's Roadside Assistance and they towed to my dealer. Finally got the car back yesterday and she's running fine.

I went to the KIA dealership this morning to just check on things picked up in the Forums on Tellurides. I confirmed that no more SX orders will be made for a while and I left a suggestion... for them to follow the Forums as to what the owners and future owners are talking about...Even suggestions to making the product better...like...remote start/lock/unlock and not just an app on a smart phone. He had no idea that KIA was making many T-Rides for the Arab Nations... with CLOTH Seats and cup holder ashtrays or that the Canadian models differ from ours...more ride selections but less accessories like 20" black rims. I think this vehicle is a "learn as you go" for both the company and the customer... Should have been a discount for being the Guinea Pigs. That being said ...I am full of anticipation on when mine gets here... ordered it a month ago.

Does anyone else have issues with their rear windows not closing all the way when you roll them up? Sometimes I have to open and close the window a second time to get it to shut all the way. At first I thought I might have accidentally touched the button with my elbow but it happened again and I never touched the button.

I went to the KIA dealership this morning to just check on things picked up in the Forums on Tellurides. I confirmed that no more SX orders will be made for a while and I left a suggestion... for them to follow the Forums as to what the owners and future owners are talking about...Even suggestions to making the product better...like...remote start/lock/unlock and not just an app on a smart phone. He had no idea that KIA was making many T-Rides for the Arab Nations... with CLOTH Seats and cup holder ashtrays or that the Canadian models differ from ours...more ride selections but less accessories like 20" black rims. I think this vehicle is a "learn as you go" for both the company and the customer... Should have been a discount for being the Guinea Pigs. That being said ...I am full of anticipation on when mine gets here... ordered it a month ago.

I agree, I learn more from this forum and this particular thread than any other place. Congrats on the order, it's really worth the wait.

Follow up on the EX wiring harness/issue. Got the car back today. All is well no issues. Replaced both the engine wiring harness and the dash harness. My thoughts:

Timeline. Initial dealer drop off April 15, return May 22.
The dealer was great, kept me in the loop, no issues...and it was not the dealer I bought the car from.
It took Kia from April 19 to May 17 to ship the wiring harnesses. Lets assume there was no spare harnesses in stock. Why not just grab them from the factory and ship?

So I'd give the dealer an A...and Kia a D

You never want to mess with a wiring harness on a new vehicle! Lets hope this is not an issue down the road. Just be aware that since these are new vehicles if you have a warranty issue don't count on parts stock, it could take a while.

Thanks for the update James, glad all is well and you can now get back to enjoying the car.

Follow up on the EX wiring harness/issue. Got the car back today. All is well no issues. Replaced both the engine wiring harness and the dash harness. My thoughts:

The dealer was great, kept me in the loop, no issues...and it was not the dealer I bought the car from.
It took Kia from April 19 to May 17 to ship the wiring harnesses. Lets assume there was no spare harnesses in stock. Why not just grab them from the factory and ship?

You never want to mess with a wiring harness on a new vehicle! Lets hope this is not an issue down the road. Just be aware that since these are new vehicles if you have a warranty issue don't count on parts stock, it could take a while.

Glad to hear.

Everyone check your dash closely to see if there is a bubble is forming from the vinyl next to the center speaker.

TellurWife

Has anyone had any problems or issues with the Telluride so far?

Hey Captin!
So i have 300 miles. SX Prestige. Love it!
2 issues so far and been reported.
So i noticed the fabric near our seat controls (up / down back and forth) popped out of place when i extended the knee extension option. Had to tuck it back in 😔but ok until next time.
The other one is more annoying. So the back up camera/ 360 mode and tire modes work pretty nice but noticing a glitch. If i use the climate on option on the app OR if i close my mirrors manually vs letting the key fob close them for me: my back uo camera clunks out.
It either will show black screen or not show at all.
To reset this i have to power of the car. Open door. Close door. Lock car WITH fob and then reopen with fob amd then restart car. Then and only then will it work.
Otherwise: i can drive without the camera and eventually it will come back. This also will affect my turn signal camera. It goes blank too. 😔

Would you mind sharing a photo of the fabric issue the next time it happens?

Hey Captin!
So i have 300 miles. SX Prestige. Love it!
2 issues so far and been reported.
So i noticed the fabric near our seat controls (up / down back and forth) popped out of place when i extended the knee extension option. Had to tuck it back in 😔but ok until next time.
The other one is more annoying. So the back up camera/ 360 mode and tire modes work pretty nice but noticing a glitch. If i use the climate on option on the app OR if i close my mirrors manually vs letting the key fob close them for me: my back uo camera clunks out.
It either will show black screen or not show at all.
To reset this i have to power of the car. Open door. Close door. Lock car WITH fob and then reopen with fob amd then restart car. Then and only then will it work.
Otherwise: i can drive without the camera and eventually it will come back. This also will affect my turn signal camera. It goes blank too. 😔