Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride Issues

Couple of times my driver seat wouldn't move even though I'm pushing on the button.

Hello everyone, new member here with some Bluetooth issues. Has anyone experienced problems where the phone won't automatically connect to the phone? Bluetooth is always activated on my phone and still it won't connect.

Hello everyone, new member here with some Bluetooth issues. Has anyone experienced problems where the phone won't automatically connect to the phone? Bluetooth is always activated on my phone and still it won't connect.
I haven’t seen that. Sometimes issues such as these can be resolved with a reboot. Try restarting your phone.

I have just sent a second notice to KIA concerning a continuing problem I am having with the rear climate controls on my Telluride. KIA was suppose to respond to me within 48 hours, and that was over a week ago. I was hoping someone on this KIA forum might be able to direct me to a better way to get their (KIA's) attention. I've had it to the dealer already for an attempted repair, but they struck out, because they think it's a vehicle software problem, and a software patch hasn't been issued yet. I'm posting this here, just to give all of my fellow Telluride owners a heads up on some possible future problems with the electrical/software systems in this new vehicle. The email I sent, and the attached photo of the affected area are listed below.

"I bought this vehicle on 03/12/2019. The rear climate control refuses to stay turned off. I used all the correct steps listed in the vehicle manual to turn off (disable) the rear climate control button. I did this in conjunction with using all of the assigned controls on the front panel on the dash, the front monitor (plus I activated the "Locked Control" button on this monitor) and the rear climate control panel that's located in the ceiling over the second row captains chairs. When it activates on its own, it always ends up at fan speed 2 (of 6) and in the "Face-Level" mode. It never varies from these settings. My problem is the rear climate control will not stayed turned off. It deactivates (turns off) for intermittent periods of time, and then mysteriously turns on again at the settings I listed above. Also please note that there's no explanation anywhere in the vehicle manual what the function of the locked control button is. I'm left to assume what it does, but it most certainly doesn't keep the rear climate control off when it's activated. I don't want it running unless I actually need it, as it's more than a little annoying to hear the constant fan noise, and is a needless draw on the vehicle's electrical system. I'm at a loss how to keep it turned off, and would appreciate any advice, or repair you could make so that it works as it was designed to.

Attached is a photo of the Rear Climate Control settings it continually resets to, after both the front and rear panels are turned off. How can this be happening, as I certainly don't want it running in the rear of the Telluride at all times. Also, what is the "Lock Control" button for? There's is no explanation anywhere in the vehicle manual. Joe"
Picked up my LX on May 1, 2019, and I'm having a similar issue. My rear climate control remains off once it's turned off (from the front monitor, or by a passenger in the second row using the overhead controls). However, when I start the car the next morning, the rear climate control is on again. When it comes on, the settings are identical to those displayed in your photo (low cool with fan speed at 2). Any word on a solution? -Darryl R.

@Joe have you heard back from corporate about the issue? Considering several members have already come forward about the same problem, Kia should be all over this.

Scarlett

Mine are minor. My back windhsled wiler leaks the cleaning fluid constantly! It runs all down the back of the car. Always having to wipe it until I can get it fix. Also the black-up camera sucks! It’s sooo dark at night and if it’s raining at night backing up is a joke.

Joe

@Joe have you heard back from corporate about the issue? Considering several members have already come forward about the same problem, Kia should be all over this.
Dave, I wish they (KIA) were "all over this." Fortunately, they keep contacting me ( a half dozen times now, by email and phone), unfortunately they keep going back to first base every time I talk to, or reply to someone from their Consumer Assistance department. I keep having to explain to them over and over again what the problem is (even though it's comprehensively spelled out for them in my initial complaint with photos). In one particularly annoying phone call that lasted an hour, their KIA associate walked me through, step by step, how to operate the rear climate controls from the Telluride manual (from the comfort of his office cubicle). That was after I even had to provide him with the correct chapter and page number to reference, just to give me his "invaluable" :) advice. I had already informed him that I had already done everything in the manual, but he continued in his condescending way to waste both my time and his. After three more phone calls from KIA's Consumer Assistance Center, their most recent gyration of a possible solution was to contact the dealer I bought it from (again) and take it in for a diagnosis and repair. That's a joke, as there is no repair; plus I informed him I have to drive 100 miles round trip just to get there. I can't trust my local KIA dealership to initiate anything because I didn't buy it from them (because they low balled me beyond belief on my 2018 Sorento trade in), and past bad practices that have kept me from patronizing their services. So, for now, the dealer I purchased it from is trying to draw up some kind of "action plan" (their words) to resolve this. That was almost a week ago. Keep in mind that I bought this Telluride on 03/12/2019 and the problem has persisted every day since. It's now reactivating itself several times a day, so it's definitely getting worse. I think what amazes me the most is that I inform each and every KIA associate I talk with that I have many new Telluride owners with the same exact problem, and it's seems to be falling on deaf ears. I find this shocking and dismaying, because I'm sincerely trying to help them with this. Unfortunately, it appears their KIA employees don't appear to give a damn, and that's what I fear the most. I will most certainly continue to keep you posted, and all other that contact me with similar problems. In the meantime, all I can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worse (whatever that might be) I'm not at all happy with KIA's handling on this at all. :-( Joe P.S. I still love this vehicle, regardless of this pain in the ass problem.

ucinn

Staff Member
Mine are minor. My back windhsled wiler leaks the cleaning fluid constantly! It runs all down the back of the car. Always having to wipe it until I can get it fix. Also the black-up camera sucks! It’s sooo dark at night and if it’s raining at night backing up is a joke.
Might want to try replacing the standard backup bulbs with LEDs. I did that in both the Sorento and Stinger and really made a difference in the dark backing up with the camera quality.

Eight pages (and counting) of issues in a little over a month, not very encouraging...

Joe

Picked up my LX on May 1, 2019, and I'm having a similar issue. My rear climate control remains off once it's turned off (from the front monitor, or by a passenger in the second row using the overhead controls). However, when I start the car the next morning, the rear climate control is on again. When it comes on, the settings are identical to those displayed in your photo (low cool with fan speed at 2). Any word on a solution? -Darryl R.
Darryl, I wish they (KIA) were "all over this." Fortunately, they keep contacting me ( a half dozen times now, by email and phone), unfortunately they keep going back to first base every time I talk to, or reply to someone from their Consumer Assistance department. I keep having to explain to them over and over again what the problem is (even though it's comprehensively spelled out for them in my initial complaint with photos). In one particularly annoying phone call that lasted an hour, their KIA associate walked me through, step by step, how to operate the rear climate controls from the Telluride manual (from the comfort of his office cubicle). That was after I even had to provide him with the correct chapter and page number to reference, just to give me his "invaluable" :) advice. I had already informed him that I had already done everything in the manual, but he continued in his condescending way to waste both my time and his. After three more phone calls from KIA's Consumer Assistance Center, their most recent gyration of a possible solution was to contact the dealer I bought it from (again) and take it in for a diagnosis and repair. That's a joke, as there is no repair; plus I informed him I have to drive 100 miles round trip just to get there. I can't trust my local KIA dealership to initiate anything because I didn't buy it from them (because they low balled me beyond belief on my 2018 Sorento trade in), and past bad practices that have kept me from patronizing their services. So, for now, the dealer I purchased it from is trying to draw up some kind of "action plan" (their words) to resolve this. That was almost a week ago. Keep in mind that I bought this Telluride on 03/12/2019 and the problem has persisted every day since. It's now reactivating itself several times a day, so it's definitely getting worse. I think what amazes me the most is that I inform each and every KIA associate I talk with that I have many new Telluride owners with the same exact problem, and it's seems to be falling on deaf ears. I find this shocking and dismaying, because I'm sincerely trying to help them with this. Unfortunately, it appears their KIA employees don't appear to give a damn, and that's what I fear the most. I will most certainly continue to keep you posted, and all other that contact me with similar problems. In the meantime, all I can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worse (whatever that might be) I'm not at all happy with KIA's handling on this at all. :-( Joe P.S. I still love this vehicle, regardless of this pain in the ass problem.

gwyn

Eight pages (and counting) of issues in a little over a month, not very encouraging...
Well to be honest, the Subura Ascent was destroying transmissions, dropping turbos, and dead batteries 2 months in.

8 pages of annoying but minor problems is pretty good.

jerry cole

Bought our Telluride on 4/9/19 and had for a week. Went on a 500 mile trip. 50 miles into the trip at 60MPH on the freeway with traffic the entire dash went dead. No tach, speed, digital speed with other functions and all the warning lights came on. Had no indications that we had turn signals or brake lights. This lasted for about 10 min then all worked like nothing happened. Called dealer to make an appointment on 4/25/19 when we got back in town. This happened 8 - 10 more times during the trip. One of these times it happened in a driveway. found the turn signals and brake lights did work but had no sound or visual indication on dash. The scariest problem (on the way back to town) was when the cruse throttle slammed on the brakes with no car in the on coming lane and a car parked in front of us in a driveway not in the shoulder. we were doing 50 mph and the car behind of us almost hit us. We didn't use the cruse after that. Took to dealer on 4/25/19 and they called me the next day that the factory is going to look at the car on 5/15/19. Talked to KIA customer relations on 4/29 and said they would contact me in 2-3 days. I called back on 5/3 after not receiving any calls. They still have not assigned a team to my case. Very disappointed with KIA and don't know if i can trust the car on trips in future.