Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Telluride Issues

bmg50

If anyone knows how to go about getting the rest of them B Pillar trim off so it can be replaced it’s appreciated. My dealer is an hour drive one way and they want me leave it there for few days. I have the new part but it requires taking off the lower metal window trim off to get the b pillar part completely off so it can be replaced.

What a drag, when I inspect the rest of them, seems the other b pillar trim parts of the right front door and drivers side doors, all are not stuck down well to the body either. There’s gaps where you can push them tighter, then they kind of unstick and seem loose.

Gunner

Has anyone had any problems or issues with the Telluride so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My seats barely heat and the radio is Statically. My ride is not smooth and I need a Wheel Alignment. I only had the car for 4 days I got the car October 16 2 days before my birthday. I called the dealer and have an appointment for Saturday October 26. I am not happy at all.

bmg50

If anyone knows how to go about getting the rest of the B Pillar trim off so it can be replaced it’s appreciated. I have the new part but it requires taking the lower metal window trim off to get the b pillar part completely off so it can be replaced.
Hopefully this helps someone... Answered my own question - how to take off the lower metal door trim to expose and replace the plastic b pillar trim part.

Carefully pry upper front corner with fingers lifting off and separate top to bottom of the lower metal trim part until forward plastic clip releases, only lift off enough space to clear for swapping out for the new part, careful not to bend it, work slow.

Pictures attached, cleaned with wax and grease remover, added extra spots of 3M tape on new b pillar trim where new part will be prone to separate. New part installed, now looks great again.

Attachments

kkoop

7500 miles..loud noise coming from transmission.... they are sending an engineer to look at it so I have to drive a rental.... not what I was expecting from my new car purchase 😞

TFryer

There was another member that posted on the FB group that they're having issues with the battery. Something is causing the battery to drain, dealer replaced with a new battery but the problem is still there. I'll keep everyone posted if they share an update.
I’ve just recently had a battery issue... it started three times then wouldn’t again with all warning lights going off, ESC system issues and then saying the key fob wasn’t registering. But the radio and everything was turning on so we didn’t think it was battery. But that’s what the dealer where it was towed to said - “battery was drained” so they just charged it and sent me on my way. But why then did it start 3x before that? Something isn’t adding up... waiting for it to happen again

I’ve just recently had a battery issue... it started three times then wouldn’t again with all warning lights going off, ESC system issues and then saying the key fob wasn’t registering. But the radio and everything was turning on so we didn’t think it was battery. But that’s what the dealer where it was towed to said - “battery was drained” so they just charged it and sent me on my way. But why then did it start 3x before that? Something isn’t adding up... waiting for it to happen again
Mine did the same thing after two weeks of ownership. In my case they replaced the battery instead of just charging it. I would suggest picking up a portable charger just in case.

Scarlett

Anyone else have this issue?
Ok so I have learned if it rains really hard and the roads are wet my mirror sensors will go off and tell me a car is behind me but there’s really not one. This happens EVERY time it rains!

dan_rod22

I have the LX and the horn has randomly gone on and stays on till I have to turn on the vehicle and the horn shuts off. As soon as I turn the car off the horn goes nuts again. I’ve taken it to the dealership. They’ve replaced the horn and said it was an electrical issue. The problem has come back again after a week. Taken it back today.

has anyone else had this problem?

Left front caliper is sticking @ 16,000. Not the first braking issue that I've had. The dealership will be cleaning them for the second time (first cleaning was around 10,000 when a grinding noise was occurring). This began with the onset of winter in upstate NY. I hope it does not become a regular issue :(

I have the LX and the horn has randomly gone on and stays on till I have to turn on the vehicle and the horn shuts off. As soon as I turn the car off the horn goes nuts again. I’ve taken it to the dealership. They’ve replaced the horn and said it was an electrical issue. The problem has come back again after a week. Taken it back today.

has anyone else had this problem?
Do you think that this could be related to the child safety alarm. Took me a while to figure that one out, but I now have it disabled now.

We have an issue with the drivers lower front side of the door rubbing on the plastic located behind the fender when opening the door. It has completely rubbed through the paint. We have contacted both Kia and the dealership and drove the 150 mile round trip to the dealer on Dec. 11th so they could look it over. Dealership contacted us to replace the plastic but neither the dealership or Kia had an answer for the damage to the paint. As it is a new vehicle I refuse to settle for quick touch up. So here we are in upstate NY with road salt eating away at the bare metal of my new car. This is our 2nd new Kia and love them but if this is how they take care of their customers it will be my last.

Mrsfwh3

Bought my Telluride in October. 6600 miles now and check engine light came on. Took it to service center close to my house and the computer code says piston #3 misfiring. Wth? Issues like this already? I'm beginning to feel buyers remorse.

Bought my Telluride in October. 6600 miles now and check engine light came on. Took it to service center close to my house and the computer code says piston #3 misfiring. Wth? Issues like this already? I'm beginning to feel buyers remorse.
Could be a defective coil pack.... it happens, and not just with this vehicle. Could be fuel choices or plug gap issues. Lot's of potential reasons that could result in that. Let your dealer address the issue as it's still under warranty. Depending upon your comfort level, a BT OBD2 scanner and an app on your phone could be a good friend if you choose ot investigate things like this on your own. If nothing else, it gives you a starting point for a conversation with your dealer's service manager when you take the vehicle in with an issue. I have one that I use with all three of my other vehicles, and do find it handy. It might set you back $25 on Amazon, and if you're using an Android based phone, consider Torque as an app. If memory serves, there's a free version with reduced functionality to give you a try before you buy experience.

Kia Telluride 2020 full option, 18500 km. Trunk door stopped opening, without any external reason. When you press the liftgate button it just blinks but doesn't open. I had to pull the door up when opening - then it goes up but manually. When the door is up I can press the close button and it shuts the door but not completely so the indication on the dashboard still says the trunk door is open. Very frustrating. Will take this to the dealer as the car is still on warranty

On page 4-32 of the Canadian version of the owners manual (must be close to the same location for the US manual), it mentions a reset process for the automatic rear liftgate. If you've not already tried this, give it a shot... at least that way when you take it to the dealer it's something you can say you already tried. Here's the snippet from the owners manual:

1587157332960.png

Dave3703

Intermittent check engine light, vehicle lurches @ 20mph ... kia replaced oil control valve once and was told it was "learning" each drivers habits..... sure service advisor...so opened case with Kia Corp.... has been in shop just over week - only thing I currently know is OCV replaced again, had a misfire code too and as of last friday they were black boxing it - think of flight data recorder- but today tech @dealer was having problem getting data and was waiting for kia techline to get back with them..... just want it fixed, replaced or a refund. We do have have a free rental -sorrento ..definitely not a Telluride

Dave3703

Intermittent check engine light, vehicle lurches @ 20mph ... kia replaced oil control valve once and was told it was "learning" each drivers habits..... sure service advisor...so opened case with Kia Corp.... has been in shop just over week - only thing I currently know is OCV replaced again, had a misfire code too and as of last friday they were black boxing it - think of flight data recorder- but today tech @dealer was having problem getting data and was waiting for kia techline to get back with them..... just want it fixed, replaced or a refund. We do have have a free rental -sorrento ..definitely not a Telluride
Latest from kia dealer "David, wanted to let you know we heard back from techline, they are asking us to replace the camshafts & variable valve timing gear. parts will take 3-5 business days to get in and then I will get that done and retest after installation"

Have a 2021 SX AWD and have a vibration between 63 and 75 that the dealer confirmed. We got a case # and are waiting for Kia to get back to dealer. Meanwhile they said just wait. First took to Discount tire to check out tires and found no problem. Then took to dealer. Now have over 3000 miles on the suv and still no word from Kia. Anyone else having same vibration problem?

MavenMom

So, has anyone else had problems with the seat belt sensor of a passenger in the front seat of your Telluride? Ours is a 2020 S . My husband started the car for me, turned the A/C on and put my coffee in the cup holder, and a few small packages (all total less than 10 lbs) in the front seat. I hopped in, got out of the driveway and the seatbelt sensor began to beep like someone needed to buckle up. At first I thought it was me, I unhooked it, rehooked it, made sure I had it in right. I verified and started moving again. Nope, it began blinking and dinging again. So to troubleshoot, I connected the empty passenger seat belt and guess what, it stopped dinging. I thought it was maybe the stuff on the seat confusing it so I got to my appt and killed engine, got out. When I returned. before starting, I took everything off the seat. It did it again as I left with empty seat.. Still dinging!!! So now I have to ride around with the seat belt buckled in the empty seat to keep it from happening. When I got home, I tried to sort of reset the weight reading in it by having my husband sit it in. He had it dinging without the seatbelt and then not dinging with it. However, without a passenger, it still is dinging. It should not ding at all EMPTY. I mean its kind of annoying but also concerns me that when someone is sitting there the right air bags may or may not go off it is is reading things wrong.