Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

OTA Updates?

Anyone know if the Telluride has OTA or do we have to take it into the dealer to get software updates?

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
They do it from a USB drive, no OTA update at the moment.
That sucks! There is an "Update" button in one of the menu screen on the Infotainment screen...I guess they use the USB drive with the Update button?

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
That sucks! There is an "Update" button in one of the menu screen on the Infotainment screen...I guess they use the USB drive with the Update button?
Yeah, if you tap the update button it looks for the USB. If one is not present, it tells you to put one in.

OP
J
Thread Starter #5
Yeah, if you tap the update button it looks for the USB. If one is not present, it tells you to put one in.
They have Telematics/LTE modem, they could OTA it or they could make it available on their website so people can upgrade it themselves, but I guess that'll never happen.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
They have Telematics/LTE modem, they could OTA it or they could make it available on their website so people can upgrade it themselves, but I guess that'll never happen.
Fiat-Chrysler is the same. They have OTA and update via USB. There is no option to request/push the OTA, you just have to wait for it or put in a USB.

OP
J
Thread Starter #7
Fiat-Chrysler is the same. They have OTA and update via USB. There is no option to request/push the OTA, you just have to wait for it or put in a USB.
I would be interested doing myself if they made it available on the user's portal. That would be super, but I somehow think that would not happen so I'd be forced to go into the dealer for any meaningful software upgrades.

One thing I wish they improve is to better manage automatic braking with SCC. To me, the SCC applies the brake much later than I would normally apply. It's almost like it's waiting till the last minute before the application of the brake. As a result, the 'Ride comes to an abrupt stop at times. I know you said you don't use SCC, may be this is a good reason no to.

I saw the UPDATE option as well … to bad its not available to users. I'm bringing mine in for service this Friday, will ask if there is any updates available.

I saw the UPDATE option as well … to bad its not available to users. I'm bringing mine in for service this Friday, will ask if there is any updates available.
There should be an update to fix the Bluetooth connection issue.