Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Rear climate control not turning off

Hi all,

i am new to this group, i bought my 2022 KIA Telluride SX 2 month ago and now facing some issues with rear climate control. every time i turn on the car the AC is in the back will turn on and will never allow me to turn it off. its always set at 21 degree Celsius and i tried to change it or turn it off from the back nothing happens and also from front panel same, when i try try the change the fan speed i get this message "Vehicle Controller error. the setting cannot be applied. Please try again later" its been 3 weeks that im trying and its not working.
did anyone face similar issue, were you/KIA able to fix it? i booked a service appointment this week hopefully they can fix it.

Jad

Attachments

ERNYSAN

Staff Member
Hi, I recently bought a used 2020 S and have the same issue. I had it into the dealership the other week and while this is a known issue to Kia (there is a service bulletin stating the fix) Kia not cover it as I am the 2nd owner and it is out of warranty. I was told the fix is there is a wiring harness which needs to be replaced with an one - the cost for the part is ~$15...the cost of the repair is ~$300. So I'm assuming given the labor that it's not an easy fix or is easily accessed. I have not been able to find any more details on the specific wiring harness or how to fix the issue myself.
Your Issue may be different than a @Jadonassif check this Kia Global Information System - TSB (nhtsa.gov)