Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

SX Prestige officially no longer available to order

New subscriber here - I've been on the site lurking for a while now and can't believe all the great info I have found. We ordered our Telluride S (only upgrade is the interior light kit) on 4.22.19, our SA said it should be about 6 weeks for delivery. Of course we are so excited I sent him a quick text Wednesday and he said "no word yet" - We have never ordered direct or wanted a vehicle in such high demand, am I fooling myself thinking it will arrive in a couple weeks??
I ordered about a week before you. As of today my salesman is still saying end of May or 1st week of June. That's for a S-trim with 7 seats.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

I ordered about a week before you. As of today my salesman is still saying end of May or 1st week of June. That's for a S-trim with 7 seats.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk
Thank you - That gives me hope, we ordered the 7 seater as well! The new wheels, new badges just patiently waiting and our detail guy is on speed dial for the window tint:giggle:

As of right now we are running pretty smooth on SX... but I mean realistically... if I try to wrap my head around this.. who knows if we loose clients not having the Prestige available or does everyone shift to SX and the demand goes crazy on them
The new Highlander comes out in 2020, so if we have to wait that long to get one, I we'll probably wait and see what that has to offer since the reliability is a definite known with Toyota.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It is official due to the backorder of SX Prestige.
Until orders come down to a reasonable turnaround time frame maybe Quarter 3.

If you have an order already in your order is secure. Otherwise we can no longer order till later in the year.
We ordered the S model (7 seat - with interior light kit) on 4.22.19 and was wondering the process - Do we get updated if / when our order is accepted, do you get a VIN# as its being built or when it's ready to ship. I would appreciate any feedback you have - I really like our SA however he (along with the GM) just don't seem to be in the loop.

ucinn

Staff Member
It depends on the dealer I guess. I ordered on the same day as you and just inquired, dealer said still at least a month and they will contact me when it's en route.

I ordered mine on March 5th and they told me today Kia is having issues with the Nappa Leather supplier for the SXP only, they said they are getting a few S and EX LX and the regular SX coming in next week, but mine should be here some time next month.

We ordered white SX Prestige AWD w/tow package 3/30 and were initially told 30 days. The following week Kia told the dealer 60-90 days. Dealer (Sterling Lafayette) has been great so far and agreed to honor the incentives regardless of when it comes in. Recently we were told to expect it 1st week of June but I’m becoming more and more skeptical. I’ll report when I hear back this week. Any info on reasons for delay and actual delay Times would be appreciated

Thank you - That gives me hope, we ordered the 7 seater as well! The new wheels, new badges just patiently waiting and our detail guy is on speed dial for the window tint:giggle:

Got mine this week! S-trim with captains chairs in back. Wait time was about 6 weeks.

Are there any controls to prevent a dealer from selling the car to someone else without informing the original buyer who put the order ?

Krug

Are there any controls to prevent a dealer from selling the car to someone else without informing the original buyer who put the order ?
Did you sign any contract and given a VIN?

I did sign a document with details of the car to spec and the cost... No VIN yet. Ordered 3/21
I would check your dealer inventory on a weekly basis to see if anything is coming in that matches your order. I wouldn't be surprise if they are selling to the highest paying customers these days. https://www.kia.com/us/en/dealers/inventory

New subscriber here - I've been on the site lurking for a while now and can't believe all the great info I have found. We ordered our Telluride S (only upgrade is the interior light kit) on 4.22.19, our SA said it should be about 6 weeks for delivery. Of course we are so excited I sent him a quick text Wednesday and he said "no word yet" - We have never ordered direct or wanted a vehicle in such high demand, am I fooling myself thinking it will arrive in a couple weeks??
My dealer keeps on bugging me to purchase the S off their lot so they can sell our SX to other buyers lol. Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys to get in on time.

I would check your dealer inventory on a weekly basis to see if anything is coming in that matches your order. I wouldn't be surprise if they are selling to the highest paying customers these days. https://www.kia.com/us/en/dealers/inventory

They tried to do that with a car that was already spoken for by another customer to me! Very slimy!