Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Telluride Homelink Mirror S9F62 AU000

New member here. Can anyone the has bought the auto dimming mirror with homelink confirm if the mirror came with the harness or does that have to be purchased seperate the install looks really easy and I’m about the buy the mirror online since I have an S trim I’d have to run power and the pdf file shows a harness.

Rick2456

Rick2456

New member here. Can anyone the has bought the auto dimming mirror with homelink confirm if the mirror came with the harness or does that have to be purchased seperate the install looks really easy and I’m about the buy the mirror online since I have an S trim I’d have to run power and the pdf file shows a harness.
The mirror comes with the harness, but if you already have an auto dimming mirror, you just unplug that, and plug the new one in. Same connection/connector.

Rick2456

Has anyone installed this aftermarket mirror? It’s a little cheaper ($225) and looks good. Never replaced a rearview mirror and trying to figure out if it’s compatible. Very little info online about compatibility.

Gentex Series 8 Frameless Auto-Dimming Mirror with Homelink and Compass 50-genk85a https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00PXH3A52/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_MxsTFbN89003K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I bought this one from world Kia. It is only $16 more and is plug and play (if you already have a auto dimming mirror installed). Installation is easy. Pop off the mirror mount cover, loosen the mounting screw, and slide off/slide on, plug in. https://worldkiaparts.worldoemparts...v4bFNE6N3Feik0ejXYU_53pv7F1ctqf4aAraZEALw_wcB

This is valuable thread. I was fretting over how to overcome the lack of Homelink in my EX. I am spoiled so I really dislike the standard handheld openers. I purchased from the dealer at a 30% discount because I just bought the Telluride the day before. I already knew how to install it but just for my own FYI I asked the dealer shop how much to install and I just started laughing at the $180.00 price as he was talking about wiring. I said really, I will be right back. Went outside changed it in the lot and went back to tell him it is done, his surprise was priceless. This is the picture I took at the stop light on the way back home.

Did a couple of full lock circles and calibration was done.

IMG_0282.jpg

This is valuable thread. I was fretting over how to overcome the lack of Homelink in my EX. I am spoiled so I really dislike the standard handheld openers. I purchased from the dealer at a 30% discount because I just bought the Telluride the day before. I already knew how to install it but just for my own FYI I asked the dealer shop how much to install and I just started laughing at the $180.00 price as he was talking about wiring. I said really, I will be right back. Went outside changed it in the lot and went back to tell him it is done, his surprise was priceless. This is the picture I took at the stop light on the way back home.

Did a couple of full lock circles and calibration was done.

View attachment 3080
LOL, picture taken while driving, slick move! :LOL:

No I was at a traffic light STOPPED at a 3 min light. I see folks doing crazy stuff moving and I refuse to be one of those.

jcee

hello all,

i did the swap on my 2022 ex knight fall that had the auto dimming mirror. so it was already wired for power. i purchased an aftermarket mirror with homelink from ebay for a grand total of $209.41. it took less thank 10 minutes to install. if you purchase from the link below specify the 10 pin connection. good luck, let me know if you have any questions. I'll be glad to assist.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/154164183827

Rhalama

Rhalama

I bought this one from world Kia. It is only $16 more and is plug and play (if you already have a auto dimming mirror installed). Installation is easy. Pop off the mirror mount cover, loosen the mounting screw, and slide off/slide on, plug in. https://worldkiaparts.worldoemparts...v4bFNE6N3Feik0ejXYU_53pv7F1ctqf4aAraZEALw_wcB
The only problem I have with this 3 button mirror is the 3 buttons are not lighted nor back lit. Shortly after installing I needed to go out at 6am and it being dark out, I could not see the button, EVEN with the interior lights on.