Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Telluride nightmare (Electrical Issues)🤯

Dan2ra

I was driving on a busy road and stopped at the light and suddenly my dash board started to go crazy. All kind of warning start coming such as front end collusion....rear end collusion...low tire pressure etc. My steering went really hard that I couldn’t even move an inch but truck was moving and I couldn’t steer at all. Basically, vehicle took over control and I couldn’t do anything.....finally half a block later I managed to stop the vehicle by almost standing on my break paddle. It was so frightening that I just placed in park and jumped out my truck. After 15 mins or so I tried to start the truck but same exactly stuff happened and suddenly everything went haywire again....door got locked and wouldn’t unlock.....finally everything went dead. It was a nightmare....called roadside assistance and got it towed to the nearest dealership. I’m hoping that dealership have an explanation for all this. I will update you guys soon. ( Honestly, I loved this truck which I had for passed 15 months but after all this....I might not buy any Hyundai or Kia ever again....Safety First)

RJKia

I was driving on a busy road and stopped at the light and suddenly my dash board started to go crazy. All kind of warning start coming such as front end collusion....rear end collusion...low tire pressure etc. My steering went really hard that I couldn’t even move an inch but truck was moving and I couldn’t steer at all. Basically, vehicle took over control and I couldn’t do anything.....finally half a block later I managed to stop the vehicle by almost standing on my break paddle. It was so frightening that I just placed in park and jumped out my truck. After 15 mins or so I tried to start the truck but same exactly stuff happened and suddenly everything went haywire again....door got locked and wouldn’t unlock.....finally everything went dead. It was a nightmare....called roadside assistance and got it towed to the nearest dealership. I’m hoping that dealership have an explanation for all this. I will update you guys soon. ( Honestly, I loved this truck which I had for passed 15 months but after all this....I might not buy any Hyundai or Kia ever again....Safety First)
Did you ever get an explanation as to what happened with your Kia? My wife and I just had a very similar experience. Nearly all warning lights came on (forward collision, lane departure, low tire pressure, etc), the turn signal indicator stopped working, the speedometer was completely inaccurate (showed our speed at 45 MPH even while the car was parked), the steering worked but was difficult (as though it lost power steering), and strangely, the rear door would not open. We dropped it off at the dealership yesterday and the service rep said that he has never heard of this (though thankfully everything was as wacky as we reported when we showed it to him) and that these are a lot of different problems without an obvious common thread. So we are obviously very curious to hear what your dealership told you.......

Robing

7/6/22. We had the same trouble unexpectedly with our 2020 Telluride EX, fully loaded. We were driving on
I- 95 outside Charleston, SC while on vacation 13 hours from home. I love this car, but no longer feel safe driving with my grandchildren in the car! Now what? Has anyone with similar experience found helpful resources or resolved the problems?

Heather24

Hi I’m currently having the exact issue with my car, I was driving home from a park and all of a sudden my dash lights came on and all my check system warnings started going off, my rom went down my mileage said I was at 0, and my drive shatter said I was in drive after I parked my car. I tried turning it off and on but nothing. I haven’t called Kia to make an appointment yet. Was wondering what your dealerships ended up telling you?