Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

TELLURIDE SX NOT BEING DELIVERED

UPDATE: after seeing the responses above (thanks again), thinking about it, and confirming there are no SX’s with the colors we would consider within a large radius, I decided this is unacceptable and spoke to a higher-up at the dealer. Dealer confirmed my order is in Kia’s system as a “sold vehicle” but an “unfilled” order, and that Kia has indeed advised they could not give any assurances on a delivery date due to the Prestige Nappa leather issue (hence, the dealer wanted to refund my deposit due to no way to give me an ETA). I demanded that some effort be made to fill the order, even if it meant sacrificing AWD and Prestige, and the dealer called Kia who agreed to allocate a non-Prestige SX in either white or Moss exterior (gray interior). Supposed to have manufacturer confirmation of the allocation by Friday, Monday latest, with ETA 1st week in July.
Good luck man

gmneil

UPDATE: after seeing the responses above (thanks again), thinking about it, and confirming there are no SX’s with the colors we would consider within a large radius, I decided this is unacceptable and spoke to a higher-up at the dealer. Dealer confirmed my order is in Kia’s system as a “sold vehicle” but an “unfilled” order, and that Kia has indeed advised they could not give any assurances on a delivery date due to the Prestige Nappa leather issue (hence, the dealer wanted to refund my deposit due to no way to give me an ETA). I demanded that some effort be made to fill the order, even if it meant sacrificing AWD and Prestige, and the dealer called Kia who agreed to allocate a non-Prestige SX in either white or Moss exterior (gray interior). Supposed to have manufacturer confirmation of the allocation by Friday, Monday latest, with ETA 1st week in July.
I would have just asked them if they can keep your order for you so when it is available you can get what you want. You may be waiting a while but at least you will get exactly what you ordered. I wouldn't settle for anything other than exactly what I wanted or I would never truly be happy.

Aquadog

These things are not cheap I would definitely wait and get the one you wanted and the color you want in the package you want. Have some patience besides with The electrical problems alone that they’re having the wait would be worth it.
We got our white SX Prestige AWD 5/23 , went to start it yesterday 6/6 battery is dead as a door nail. Jumpstarted it took it to the dealer can’t look at it till next Tuesday. So here we are on the Telluride forum, definitely a great avenue for information more than you’re ever going to get at the dealer.
Except for the bugs , we are really enjoying it , Now if we could only keep it out of the shop. Good luck in your endeavor.

These things are not cheap I would definitely wait and get the one you wanted and the color you want in the package you want. Have some patience besides with The electrical problems alone that they’re having the wait would be worth it.
We got our white SX Prestige AWD 5/23 , went to start it yesterday 6/6 battery is dead as a door nail. Jumpstarted it took it to the dealer can’t look at it till next Tuesday. So here we are on the Telluride forum, definitely a great avenue for information more than you’re ever going to get at the dealer.
Except for the bugs , we are really enjoying it , Now if we could only keep it out of the shop. Good luck in your endeavor.
My battery also died after two weeks, dealer replaced it under warranty.

HTB

No one will say but kia seams not to be able to build any high end tellurides if they would say why I might not be so worried If any one knows let us know.

Hunter, it is widely reported that Kia cannot keep up with building higher trim Tellurides, particularly the SX with Prestige Package due to an issue Kia has with its Nappa leather vendor. I have also been told by my dealer that it has issues ordering certain SX configurations, including something about AWD. Don't put too much stock into the AWD issue, as I received only vague info on it. I'm not sure Kia is releasing all info on the issues they are having.

I have a Prestige Package Moss Green. I was the first and only at this point to get one in any area or anywhere around me. My dealer has told me that he has a list of about 40 people that want it but they are unable to get any timeframe. I wish you the best of luck. I have recently been thru a nightmare with a repair but thankfully I will be getting it back next week.

I have a Prestige Package Moss Green. I was the first and only at this point to get one in any area or anywhere around me. My dealer has told me that he has a list of about 40 people that want it but they are unable to get any timeframe. I wish you the best of luck. I have recently been thru a nightmare with a repair but thankfully I will be getting it back next week.
What was the repair?

The heating element did not work in the captain passenger seat. When they took the seat out to repair they found assembly line had cross threaded a bolt and put a helo bolt in. They are having to weld a new hole and create a bolt to fit. They have had my car for 21 days. It’s been a nightmare.

The heating element did not work in the captain passenger seat. When they took the seat out to repair they found assembly line had cross threaded a bolt and put a helo bolt in. They are having to weld a new hole and create a bolt to fit. They have had my car for 21 days. It’s been a nightmare.
This mistake is so amateurish... This is concerning...

I cannot agree with you more. The fix has been approved by an engineer from Kia. I have tried to fight that I did not pay for a car that came with a “fix”. I feel like I have used all my resources to fight this. They are stating it is a safe fix.

I cannot agree with you more. The fix has been approved by an engineer from Kia. I have tried to fight that I did not pay for a car that came with a “fix”. I feel like I have used all my resources to fight this. They are stating it is a safe fix.
I would be just as frustrated. Trying to look on the bright side, it’s a little bolt and not an engine or transmission problem. Those are much more concerning.

I agree to a point however this bolt is holding a seat down. Pretty much a safety concern. I can only trust it is safe

ucinn

Staff Member
I would be ecstatic that they want to fix it the right way instead of rigging it like they did at the factory. I know it sucks to be without your ride for a while, but worth it IMO.