Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Telluride towing package owners

I know this is an older thread - but, thought I'd post this info anyway... FWIW

Good video on how Nivomat shocks work, which are the same concept as the Mando shocks used on the Telluride...
<iframe width="716" height="404" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some more details can be found in this post https://www.kiatelluride.org/threads/how-the-auto-leveling-suspension-works-on-the-telluride.845/

I know this is an older thread - but, thought I'd post this info anyway... FWIW

Good video on how Nivomat shocks work, which are the same concept as the Mando shocks used on the Telluride...
<iframe width="716" height="404" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Titanrx8

Unrelated question prompted by the photo of the spare tire under mounted. It's been ages since I've owned a vehicle with an undermount, but that one had a hinged bar under the spare which was an effective lever for lowering and raising the spare. Has anyone removed the spare and what do you do to keep it from falling onto you?

I believe it's like my (gasp) minivan of the past... it's a plate under the spare wheel, (close up of a pic from earlier in this thread)
1574186579461.png
connected to a cable that's lowered by accessing a bolt head inside the hatch which uncoils (for lowering) or coils (for raising the wheel). The cable on the minivan was long enough that when lowered, it was possible to slide the wheel out from under the vehicle - then reassemble in reverse order.

FWIW

I can't see airbags. Unless I'm missing something. I saw there is a port installed hitch and harness (no air bags). Then EX and higher has the option of factory hitch, harness, airbags. Maybe this is the port installed variation?
The self leveking suspension with hitch is nothing more than fancier shocks that use hydraulics to stiffen ride. The self leveling AIR SUSPENSION is only avsil from factory in top SXP model as an option. That's the one you want to tow with.

I can't see airbags. Unless I'm missing something. I saw there is a port installed hitch and harness (no air bags). Then EX and higher has the option of factory hitch, harness, airbags. Maybe this is the port installed variation?
Need to order SXP with air suspension to get that. Its discussed in this article

https://www.caranddriver.com/kia/telluride

So here I am too looking to upgrade my EX to Self Leveling. Mine came with the factory tow hitch but no self-leveling. My research has brought me here with the same part numbers. Just looking for confirmation if there was anything else needed or if it was just a straight swap of the strut. Doesn't look like OP has any recent activity in this forum but wondering if anybody else has completed this upgrade.